engine bay really hot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

matthewoleschuk

i have notice for the past couple of days since i have been trying to figure a few things out with my car and i have notices that my CAI tube is very hot and i am wondering if this is normal because i have never noticed it before. usually the tube is pretty cool but it is actual pretty hot. it has been hot the last couple of days but i dont think it should be like this. is there a way of checking if the temperature of the engine is correct or the temp of air going in. the temp gauge on the dash is in its normal spot but things seem to be different please let me know any ideas on how to find the temp or how to cool things off.

obviously the heat is coming from the engine smart ass. but usually after driving the CAI tube is cool not burnig hot like the engine. and if you coulkd read properly i said that is seems to be running hotter then it normally does

Ghetto Fix:
Get some thin insulating material.. (towel cut to size or something). Wrap one layer around the intake tube and then wrap the entire thing in electrical tape. If you are careful and neat about it, it doesn't look bad, and is very functional. Keeps the heat off of the cai and out of the intake tract.

Back