1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine bog with VTEC engagement

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by sleepn_accord, Mar 2, 2004.

1. sleepn_accord

sleepn_accord Senior Member

This is a really strange thing.

Whenever I hit VTEC the engine feels like it has a momentary drop in power (for about 200 rpms)...

any thoughts what may be causing this?

I have a field's..but haven't dicked around with the fuel supply or vtec engagement. I only put it in to kill my speed limiter.

It's an h22a btw.

2. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

whats done to the engine, did this happen before you put the VTEC computer on? Usually on VTEC computers you set them so right when it hits vtec you give the engine a lot of fuel and then as the rpms go up you give a little less and less. Maybe yours is just getting to much fuel right at vtec

3. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

try raising the vtec engagment up a few RPM at a time and see if that gets rid of the problem.

4. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

one of my friend's had a simalar problem on his ls/vtec setup...if raising the vtec engagement point doesn't work...pull off the vtec solinoid and make sure you don't have anything stuck in it. in my friend's case, he had "metal shavings" stuck in it. Yup, you guessed it, he spun a bearing. that's how they got there

5. SaVaGe6909

SaVaGe6909 Junior Member

Defintily check what the vtec engagement is set at, when i first got my fields vtec controller in it did the exact same thing because it was set at 2600rpm's. I brought mine to 4300 for normal driving and i set it at 3300 for racing. It works perfect now.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted