Engine bog with VTEC engagement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepn_accord

This is a really strange thing.

Whenever I hit VTEC the engine feels like it has a momentary drop in power (for about 200 rpms)...

any thoughts what may be causing this?

I have a field's..but haven't dicked around with the fuel supply or vtec engagement. I only put it in to kill my speed limiter.

It's an h22a btw.

whats done to the engine, did this happen before you put the VTEC computer on? Usually on VTEC computers you set them so right when it hits vtec you give the engine a lot of fuel and then as the rpms go up you give a little less and less. Maybe yours is just getting to much fuel right at vtec

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Mar 2 2004, 07:25 PM
This is a really strange thing.

Whenever I hit VTEC the engine feels like it has a momentary drop in power (for about 200 rpms)...

any thoughts what may be causing this?

I have a field's..but haven't dicked around with the fuel supply or vtec engagement. I only put it in to kill my speed limiter.

It's an h22a btw.

one of my friend's had a simalar problem on his ls/vtec setup...if raising the vtec engagement point doesn't work...pull off the vtec solinoid and make sure you don't have anything stuck in it. in my friend's case, he had "metal shavings" stuck in it. Yup, you guessed it, he spun a bearing. that's how they got there

Defintily check what the vtec engagement is set at, when i first got my fields vtec controller in it did the exact same thing because it was set at 2600rpm's. I brought mine to 4300 for normal driving and i set it at 3300 for racing. It works perfect now.

Back