engine bog

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3t4si

Hey guys i've been haveing the problem now for a while. It seems that when i drag against someone my car bogs down for over a second whenever i shift gears and it is driving me insane. I do have a b.o.v. It did not start happening until i got the exhaust manifold rewelded after it cracked. I'm also having the problem where i cant go full throttle with out it spiking to almost 10 psi when i have a 6.5 psi spring in my wastegate, and it still ends up bogging around 10psi. However if i go from half to 3/4's throttle my car pulls incredible strong (well better that full throttle). I have been told many many things of what it could be so please im up for any suggestions. My current fuel setup is aem-fuel filter-fuel rail-and pressure regulator-with 10% over stock injector size (310cc)and a stock fuel pump. I also have denso iridium spark plugs with nology hotwires.
The car pulls fine at 3/4's throttle thats also when it stays at 7psi like the spring is designed. Only when i got full is when it goes to 10psi and startes bogging. And also the bog when shift gears (only when i race)

Thanks

are you running any type of rising rate fuel pressure? such as an FMu?

310s are not 10% over. stock injectors are 240cc. 10% = 24. thus, 284cc.

it sounds like massive fuel problems, no mangement, a shit wastegate (deltagate... i'm just guessing here) and a crap manifold that places the wastegate poorly so that it allows boost creep, and thus a spike, and cracks on top of it.

Back