1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine bog

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by t3t4si, Oct 20, 2003.

1. t3t4si

t3t4si Member

Hey guys i've been haveing the problem now for a while. It seems that when i drag against someone my car bogs down for over a second whenever i shift gears and it is driving me insane. I do have a b.o.v. It did not start happening until i got the exhaust manifold rewelded after it cracked. I'm also having the problem where i cant go full throttle with out it spiking to almost 10 psi when i have a 6.5 psi spring in my wastegate, and it still ends up bogging around 10psi. However if i go from half to 3/4's throttle my car pulls incredible strong (well better that full throttle). I have been told many many things of what it could be so please im up for any suggestions. My current fuel setup is aem-fuel filter-fuel rail-and pressure regulator-with 10% over stock injector size (310cc)and a stock fuel pump. I also have denso iridium spark plugs with nology hotwires.
    The car pulls fine at 3/4's throttle thats also when it stays at 7psi like the spring is designed. Only when i got full is when it goes to 10psi and startes bogging. And also the bog when shift gears (only when i race)

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Retirement Home
    are you running any type of rising rate fuel pressure? such as an FMu?

310s are not 10% over. stock injectors are 240cc. 10% = 24. thus, 284cc.

it sounds like massive fuel problems, no mangement, a shit wastegate (deltagate... i'm just guessing here) and a crap manifold that places the wastegate poorly so that it allows boost creep, and thus a spike, and cracks on top of it.
Draft saved Draft deleted