1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Build Assistance

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by David Lee., Jan 12, 2019.

1. David Lee.

David Lee. New Member

So I have a 96 Integra GSR. The previous owner broke the main motor mount bolts off into the block. I leave for college in the fall, and this is going to be my daily for college. I have several different options of builds at my disposal. I want a reliable daily with 225-250whp. Need to know what would get me to that power, and still be reliable. I have the parts for pmtr, another gsr, and lsvtec. Which would be best for my situation? This may not be in the right place, please move if not.

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

lol priority #1 would be to get a extractor or left handed drill bit to get that bolt out
    and B - Welcome To Hondaswap
    C - you can make 225 CHP with a bone stock motor with a nice intake and header and exhaust and a s300 with a nice tune which is plenty fun for a street/daily car

3. David Lee.

David Lee. New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I have intentions on removing the bolts without damaging the block, but it has a few other problems. I have been looking at pmtr swaps, and don't entirely have the knowledge of what all exactly goes into what is needed.

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Welcome to the site.

pmtr is generally a gsr block with a b16 head setup with some itr cams/etc.

If you have the gsr already, you might as well just stick with it. While the b16 head flows a little better up top stock for stock over the gsr, it's really not worth the cost.

225/250 at the wheels is pretty tough without going f/i. you're talking beaucoup bucks in porting, headwork, valve train, higher compression, etc that will eat at daily driving. Going FI is a bit pricey.

plus, being a 96, if you live in an emissions state, tuning options could be a challenge..

figure out how to get the broken studs out, easy out, weld a wrench on without damaging the block, etc...
    then as above, focus on the basic i/h/e for breathing increases (no ebay crap, get good parts) and some valve springs

Honestly, some bolt ons on a fresh engine with some suspension work and good wheels/tires will be pretty fun and a good car for a college kid. Save some money for beer.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted