Engine Build Assistance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

David Lee.

So I have a 96 Integra GSR. The previous owner broke the main motor mount bolts off into the block. I leave for college in the fall, and this is going to be my daily for college. I have several different options of builds at my disposal. I want a reliable daily with 225-250whp. Need to know what would get me to that power, and still be reliable. I have the parts for pmtr, another gsr, and lsvtec. Which would be best for my situation? This may not be in the right place, please move if not.

lol priority #1 would be to get a extractor or left handed drill bit to get that bolt out
and B - Welcome To Hondaswap
C - you can make 225 CHP with a bone stock motor with a nice intake and header and exhaust and a s300 with a nice tune which is plenty fun for a street/daily car

Thanks for the welcome. I have intentions on removing the bolts without damaging the block, but it has a few other problems. I have been looking at pmtr swaps, and don't entirely have the knowledge of what all exactly goes into what is needed.

Welcome to the site.

pmtr is generally a gsr block with a b16 head setup with some itr cams/etc.

If you have the gsr already, you might as well just stick with it. While the b16 head flows a little better up top stock for stock over the gsr, it's really not worth the cost.

225/250 at the wheels is pretty tough without going f/i. you're talking beaucoup bucks in porting, headwork, valve train, higher compression, etc that will eat at daily driving. Going FI is a bit pricey.

plus, being a 96, if you live in an emissions state, tuning options could be a challenge..

figure out how to get the broken studs out, easy out, weld a wrench on without damaging the block, etc...
then as above, focus on the basic i/h/e for breathing increases (no ebay crap, get good parts) and some valve springs

Honestly, some bolt ons on a fresh engine with some suspension work and good wheels/tires will be pretty fun and a good car for a college kid. Save some money for beer.

Back