Engine build questions. long read

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kyle21nluvnit

Hey people im getting ready to build a motor for my car and I was thinking about doing a build that I read about a while back. In this build the block, crank, rods, pistons most of the bottom end come from a K24 from a crv. Then you take the heads, head gasket, timing belt, accesories and oil pan from the K20 from an rsx. This gives you a mid displacement roughly 8.7:1 compression car and then run about 14lbs boost. Has anyone done this build before? What kind of power did you get(I heard around 350hp)? Anyone know where to get specific build plans or do I need to figure that out on my own?

thats a long, expensive way to build a 350 hp engine. it would be easier to just take a gsr and good turbo with a great tune and get 350 hp.

Well if im not mistaken the K24 from a crv is like a dime a dozen. The K20 from the rsx is going to be about 6k. after you make the good motor you can also build another to resell. But the main reason for this is that it drops the compression so much. It puts you right in prime turbo range and if you want to run a methanol injector you can push upwards of 30psi from what i have heard. Like i said its been a while since i read about the conversion but there were several reasons to do it this way. Im not set in stone on anything but I want something that Im not going to go to a show with and 30 other guys are going to have the same thing in thier car.

the k24 bottom end is virtually indestructible and is why the REALTIME guys went that route. If i am not mistaken there are details over the net about swapping different pistons,cams, and heads over the k-series genre to complete an NA all motor pushing quite a bit of hp for relatively cheap.

(cause its all swapped parts)

Back