engine build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't think anyone of those will be able to make the power you want n/a. Maybe if you took the v6 and could find someone to sleeve it, bore and stroke it, have custom cams ground, have the heads fully built. go for 12:1 plus compression, and custom intake pipe, manifold, and throttle body, and a good set of custom headers and exhaust. than you could get the 300+ n/a you want. Another option If you want a unique N/A setup and money is not a problem talk to bisimoto about a F22Ax build for your car. I believe he has managed to extract ~350-400hp from a race built f22 sohc. If you don't have that kind of coin another way to be different would be a g23 swap or building a d series. I don't have hard numbers but it would be interesting to see a d16a6 block, d16z6 head, fully built with forged internals. cam, valves, springs. race port and chamber work. Bisimoto header, ITB's, Full barrier coating in the motor and maybe a little nitrous for good measure. I would think 200hp could be possible all motor. 300+ with enough nitrous. It is really hard to be different with a civic, There are so many on the road with so many crazy swaps (some good, some bad) that is almost impossible to be truly unique with anything you do unless it is a one off custom build using all custom fabricated parts.

Last edited:
lol... ya I know, a unique civic is hard to come by... My friends brother however did something really unique... he swapped one of those rotary engines from an rx7 into his civic... took him about 3 months working on it, but its in and it runs, and it is pretty unique...

yeah... I was thinking about putting a 13b in my old hatch about three years ago. I sat down and priced everything out... I think I made the smart move and bought a toolbox instead. If I could have my old 85 prelude back I would love to try and convert it to rwd using the guts from an s2k. I think that would be sick.

Back