1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine build

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by tegi gsr, Nov 18, 2012.

1. tegi gsr

tegi gsr New Member

I have a 93 cx hatch that I want to build up. I don't have much money but I want to know what would be the cheapest but still legit engine swap to do. My goal is at least 200+ HP. any advice or helpful comments would be appreciated! Right now it has a ls motor in it that somebody swapped into it but its running like Shit and I want more out of it!

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

cheap
    reliable
    powerful

choose 2.

to get to 200+ will take a good bit of cash. It's basically a full build, or a turbo kit. But, a turbo on a crappy runnning motor is just going to be a crappy running car with a turbo on it....

i'd suggest the rebuild for all motor option.

check the articles section at the top for the LS all motor monster thread

3. tegi gsr

tegi gsr New Member

Yeah that's what I was thinking. And the car is turbo'd right now so it is a turbo'd car running like Shit! But I do want all motor and if enough money maybe support charge it long down the road. What's a good rebuild kit to go with ?

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Chances are if its running like crap, it's because of the turbo set up. rip all that off and get a stock ecu and fuel system back on it before you make any other purchases, because the engine may be fine...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted