engine build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegi gsr

I have a 93 cx hatch that I want to build up. I don't have much money but I want to know what would be the cheapest but still legit engine swap to do. My goal is at least 200+ HP. any advice or helpful comments would be appreciated! Right now it has a ls motor in it that somebody swapped into it but its running like Shit and I want more out of it!

cheap
reliable
powerful

choose 2.

to get to 200+ will take a good bit of cash. It's basically a full build, or a turbo kit. But, a turbo on a crappy runnning motor is just going to be a crappy running car with a turbo on it....

i'd suggest the rebuild for all motor option.

check the articles section at the top for the LS all motor monster thread

Yeah that's what I was thinking. And the car is turbo'd right now so it is a turbo'd car running like Shit! But I do want all motor and if enough money maybe support charge it long down the road. What's a good rebuild kit to go with ?

Chances are if its running like crap, it's because of the turbo set up. rip all that off and get a stock ecu and fuel system back on it before you make any other purchases, because the engine may be fine...

Back