Engine Building

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B) hello ...hey celesta and everyone else can you tell me what you guys think...... for this setup.

B18A1 or B18B1 Bottom end
CTR head
ITR manifold
ITR headers
ITR pistons
everything blueprinted ITR tranny and jackson racing supercharger
thanks guys.

is the ls tranny just as powerfull and durable as the ITR or similar
am thinking in reving to 10k with reprogramed p72 thanks hcivic

10k? on itr cams? no valve train?

not only will you stop making power at about 8300, i wouldn't trust the vlave springs over 8500ish.

the ITR tranny is much more durable than the LS. don't even consider running the LS tranny. you will hate your self. plus, the ITR has an LSD in it too- which will help.

i say, jsut get the ITR head. the ctr is more expensive, and frankly, its practically the same damn thing when all is said and done.

the ITR doesn't have headers. it has 1 singular header. moreover, i would suggest going with a Kamikazie header for a JRSC application. it has larger runners and can be had with a 2 1/2 collector as well. 3" exhaust will help you out too.
don't run a p72. you don't have IAB's so why buy an expensive ass ecu that your not going to use?
hondata on a p28. you will make a butt load more power, and be safer.

i think you need to re-think your build a little more... in terms of the fact that you are supercharging.

No offense, but do you have all of this stuff or is it a dream list to see what people think........I think that the jackson racing supercharger idea should be left out. Compression is way to high! Just go N/A or if any thing pay the same amount of money and get lower compression pistons, good rods, and then save up for a turbo.

PLEASE DON'T PAY YOUR INTERNET SERVICE BILL NEXT MONTH!!!!! :p

I have a few questions about LSVTEC. I want to know if anyone here has had problems with their LSVTEC. I keep reading stuff where people are really hating on LSVTEC. They keep fussing about the rod/stroke ratio, but theres not much difference between the b18c and the LSVTEC. I mean, how reliable is it if done correctly. Im talking gsr water and oil pump, vtec oil squirters, and the oil lines done correctly. Also, If I were to use b16a2 or b16b pistons, would i need forged rods for it to be reliable. Im just trying to here both sides of the story, so any LSVTEC owners please chime in.

You can't really add the oil squirters... and if you go with forged pistons, you don't need them. It's very reliable if it's done correctly. My B20/VTEC lasted 45k miles under some pretty heavy abuse, and it only blew up because I was stupid- not because of the rod/stroke ratio. I ran that engine to 8500rpm almost every single day, and it wasn't just once a day either.

im still in love with mine,not a single problem yet,im building another another one but this time im gonna use block filler and up the boost a little more,good luck on yours

Originally posted by gocivicls@Jul 26 2003, 04:23 PM
No offense, but do you have all of this stuff or is it a dream list to see what people think........I think that the jackson racing supercharger idea should be left out. Compression is way to high! Just go N/A or if any thing pay the same amount of money and get lower compression pistons, good rods, and then save up for a turbo.

PLEASE DON'T PAY YOUR INTERNET SERVICE BILL NEXT MONTH!!!!! :p

AS YOU GUYS CAN SEE THIS FUCKING GUY HAS BEEN ON ME SINCE THE FISRT DAY I STARTED USING THE FORUM DAM SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST TO JELOUSLATEZ

it said in the forum: " you have to machine the head to fit the block so there are no oil leaks"

is this true? why do people miss out information for people?

What EXACTLY needs to be done in order for it to work effectively

you need to remove two copper rings on the LS headgasket and you need to open up two holes for the dowel pins so the head aligns properly.

aiight dude, your compression is way high for boost. with the LS block, ITR pistons and CTR head, you're at 11.6 CR. and you say you're plannin' on runnin' a chipped p72?... boom. CTR cams have quite a bit of overlap... not the greatest thing for boost. consider some GSR cams. also, with that build, the ITR tranny should be a 'lil too short. get a GSR tranny w/ lsd. and like B said, don't waste your money on the CTR head, get the ITR.

it said in the forum: " you have to machine the head to fit the block so there are no oil leaks"

is this true? why do people miss out information for people?

What EXACTLY needs to be done in order for it to work effectively

You need to figure out what internals you want to use. You also need to decide which vtec head you will be bolting onto the block. This will determine what your compression ratio will be. Too much compression and your car will no longer be a daily driver. Too little compression and your will suck. Once you figure this out, then I can give you advice about what parts to look for.

3.5yrs late there buddy.. check the date y000

Back