Engine Can't Get Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SIR-T

My 94 accord swapped a H23a engine in, after i swap it, the engine light is on, it's said the problem is come from the oxygen sensor, i try all the thing to fix it, i still on. So I do care of it at that moment, at least the car can run. But one times, when I am driving on the highway, the car suddenly lost all the power, the car won't go, and then the engine stop. I can't get it start again. Do you guy have any idea will cause like that? :worthy:

Originally posted by tab@Apr 1 2003, 12:04 AM
Fix or replace the oxygen sensor. It could do what you just described.

i don't think it wouldn't get to the point where his car won't start again...how does your car sound when you try to start it...has like a whine and just won't kick over? have you heard a clunk when you tried to start it again? i heard a clunk when one day i couldn't start my car...turned out i snapped my timing belt and bent some valves...to me it sounds like you could of did the same while driving...that would of course cause your car to lose all power...check that and if it did happen...hopefully you didn't bend any valves

Thanks for the suggestion, I find out the problem finally. It's just like what you said, the timing problem, but lucky it didn't bent the valve. The machanic said i am driving too hard, so the timing belt move. How about you, do you know how you cause that happen?

I've haven't heard of a timing belt jumping a tooth on a honda. I've heard of that on Chevy timing chains. Normally, if it jumps a tooth, it's because it's a little loose. Honda has a tensioner that keeps everything snug. I would think that the belt would break before jumping, unless the tensioner is not working/adjusted right. Just my two cents. I'm sure your mechanic is right, along with B16RacerN2NR, but I'd check the tension on your belt to make sure that it won't jump teeth again.
On another note
i don't think it wouldn't get to the point where his car won't start again...

My sisters car lost all power going down the freeway because the oxygen sensor on her car sent a faulty signal(bad sensor). The car thought it was running lean, so it dumped a massive amount of fuel in to compensate, and flooded the engine, at 55 mph. It was a possibility. However, you were right, and I was wrong. :(

Originally posted by SIR-T@Apr 3 2003, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I find out the problem finally. It's just like what you said, the timing problem, but lucky it didn't bent the valve. The machanic said i am driving too hard, so the timing belt move. How about you, do you know how you cause that happen?

umm...i think it was from trying to start it so many times...cuz you know when you start it that puts a lot of tension on it...i couldn't get my car start for like 15 min...so i had my friend jump start it but it wouldn't kick over...so after about 20min of trying to start it...i heard a "clug" and it shook the whole car...then from there i knew i was f*cked...i didn't have any tools on me at the time cuz i was at work so i couldn't check anything...check the tensioner as tab said...it could be broken...and as for what tab said...i didn't think it would flood it that bad but i guess i was wrong :blink:

Ya my car dies and lost all power going down the road and wouldnt start because the part where the intake goes into the manifold was loose and it was loosing vacuum. Paid 50 bucks to have it towed then got it in my driveway and took 5 mins to find out the problem. so... ya that sucks.

Back