1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Check Light Is On!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Raxx, May 25, 2003.

1. Raxx

Raxx Junior Member

Ok, I own a 90 integra LS and one thing I know is that my tranny is goin out. My tranny is knockin and makin some kinda of sqweeking noise. I took it to too 3 shops and they all said that my tranny was going out, and that it could happen at any time, could happen today a week or a month from now. Well before today, like yesterday, I noticed that my engine check light blinked once or twice, and my rpm needle was jumpin/flickering up and down for a second. Then it stopped last night til today after driving over 100 miles. Well today I was gunning it to catch up with my friends to head to a party, then I finally caught up with them, then after a mile and half after that, my rpm needle was flickering again, then my engine check light came on. Well I parked it and check my oil just too see if I had oil and I did. I then drove it home and on the way home I noticed that my rpm's couldn't go above 3k. It felt like I had a rev limiter at 3k rpm's. I don't know what the problem is but could you guys help me out here with some info?

Draft saved Draft deleted