Engine Check Light Is On!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Raxx

Ok, I own a 90 integra LS and one thing I know is that my tranny is goin out. My tranny is knockin and makin some kinda of sqweeking noise. I took it to too 3 shops and they all said that my tranny was going out, and that it could happen at any time, could happen today a week or a month from now. Well before today, like yesterday, I noticed that my engine check light blinked once or twice, and my rpm needle was jumpin/flickering up and down for a second. Then it stopped last night til today after driving over 100 miles. Well today I was gunning it to catch up with my friends to head to a party, then I finally caught up with them, then after a mile and half after that, my rpm needle was flickering again, then my engine check light came on. Well I parked it and check my oil just too see if I had oil and I did. I then drove it home and on the way home I noticed that my rpm's couldn't go above 3k. It felt like I had a rev limiter at 3k rpm's. I don't know what the problem is but could you guys help me out here with some info?

Thanks

Back