Engine Choice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pawsoff

I am looking at getting a 1993 Honda Del Sol. I will want to use this car as a dialy driver as well as take it to the drag track on weekends. My current thought was to get a B16A (170hp ver) put into the vehicle with matching tranny and add a turbo to it later on. Is there a better choice engine wise considering what my intentions are? Difficulties I will most likely encounter?
I am not gearing towards CRAZY power, Something respectable that I have the ability to upgrade (bigger turbo or more boost) later down the road.
Those with a similar setup or same vehicle please give me your imput as to my intentions as well as what your setup is and what you would change if anything.
If you can offer advise on part of or all my questions please do.
Thanks

ls > b16.
even more so when boost comes into the equation.
get a ls w/ b16 or gsr tranny.
add turbo when ready.

you can do an ls swap, and add the head later
or you can do a b16 swap, and add the block later.

choice A is a little easier, cuz you don't have to remove the block to do it all.

either way, you will be pretty quick. you're just looking for a street car, i say go with the LS cuz its cheap, boost it, and see what you want to do from there.

Back