Engine Choices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Py7h0n

Ok I am wanting to build up a turbo setup for my Delsol here in New Zealand. It came with the B16JDM sorta equivilent to the b16a3 that you guys get.

S/P/R = Sleeves, Pistons and rods

I want to know if it would be best to keep and build the B16 S/P/R or to :

1--Build the B18B I have got with S/P/R with the b18 non-Vtec head?

2--Build the B18 with S/P/R but do a LS/Vtec swap with the B16 head at the same time?

... really what I want to know is will loosing the awesome sounding VTEC really do anything to Boosted Performance ?

Cheers for all replys !

what are your goals

the B16 has lots of potential and can be pretty damn evil when boosted

probably around 20psi Daily driven ... enough power to give my mates GTS-4 Skyline a bit of a run at the drag strip

just got both engines and cannot decide which of my choices is better to build .... I have heard some really good things about Ls/Vtec Setups...

the main reason I was looking towards an Ls/Vtec or B18B was more torque ...

You'll hear this a million times from B....PSI don't mean SHIT!! Go for a power goal, not a psi goal. The power you get from a t25 at 20psi IS NOT the same as what you would get with a t3/t4 at 20psi.

Also depends on what you want to do with the car a smaller turbo that spools faster is much better for in town driveing. As a posed to a large turbo that gives you more HP in a straight line but is shit around the turns. Depends on how you want to drive. I like turns strait is boreing

Originally posted by Py7h0n@Mar 30 2004, 11:57 PM
probably around 20psi Daily driven ... enough power to give my mates GTS-4 Skyline a bit of a run at the drag strip

ok that doesnt help anyone at all
20psi means nothing

how bout a HP goal
how bout a 1/4 mile goal

let us know what figures you are HOPING to see, and we can give you ideas on how to reach them

ok that I can do ... lets say above 350hp and a mid 12 1/4 mile, with a quicker spooling turbo so I can still have fun in the corners :D?

Btw I have a Hondata Stage 4B to tune this with if that changes things at all

Back