Engine chokes when gas pedal is floored

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

valentino

I been working on my car for a while now and i can't seem to fix the problem. Ok heres the problem. The car runs ok, but when i slam the gas pedal to the floor the engine chokes. When i slowly press on the gas pedal it run ok. Please someone help me.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 30 2004, 02:28 PM
what have you doen to it?
have you changes you plug cap and rotor. timed it properly
[post=424259]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a 88 crx put a d16z6 in it. but i'm using the d16a6 intake manifold. i changed the injectors and the injectors connector caps for the d16z6. i timed it properly all the marks are in placed. changed fpr, mapsensor, ecu.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 30 2004, 02:38 PM
ok it was an si?
have you used a timming light on it?
[post=424262]Quoted post[/post]​

i course i used a timing light. what else would i use?

Originally posted by valentino@Nov 30 2004, 05:21 PM
I been working on my car for a while now and i can't seem to fix the problem. Ok heres the problem. The car runs ok, but when i slam the gas pedal to the floor the engine chokes. When i slowly press on the gas pedal it run ok. Please someone help me.
[post=424256]Quoted post[/post]​

I drive a 91 crx with the stock 1.5 engine, and I am having the same problem. I changed the plugs and air filter. I ran premium gas and this helped a little. When I changed the plugs I noticed they looked very black, which lends me to believe my car is running heavy on the gas.....am I right? If I let off the gas a little, it stops chugging, and when the rpm's get to 2800-3000 rpm's it stops chugging.

I actually logged onto this site because of this problem and was hoping for some help for a poor student.

Many thanks to whoever can help me.

i had the same problem, my distributor was bad. not everything inside the distributor, but the distributor itself. i replaced the ICM, coil, cap rotor, plug wires and plugs, and it still didnt help. when i floored it the engine would misfire and stumble and backfire. i determined that the gas was not getting burned so i knew it was a spark issue. i just bought a brand new distributor and it fixed my problem.

Originally posted by zoomspeed05@Dec 1 2004, 11:09 AM
hey i just got finishing fixing this problem check the throttlebody it mite be clogged :D
[post=424565]Quoted post[/post]​

Someone was telling me about not to use the resistor box coz, d16z6 doesn't require it. is it true?

if you have obd1 injectors you dont need the injector box. if you have obd0 injectors, you need the injector box.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Dec 3 2004, 12:01 PM
if you have obd1 injectors you dont need the injector box. if you have obd0 injectors, you need the injector box.
[post=425892]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah i changed the injectors to obd1. i just changed the injectors and the injector plugs. So what else should i do to the resistor box? what do i do to the red/black wires the use to connect to the resistor box?

Originally posted by valentino+Dec 3 2004, 01:31 AM-->
zoomspeed05
@Dec 1 2004, 11:09 AM
hey i just got finishing fixing this problem check the throttlebody it mite be clogged :D

Someone was telling me about not to use the resistor box coz, d16z6 doesn't require it. is it true?
[post=425689]Quoted post[/post]​

Checked throttle body and it look fine. Anything else? Any suggestions?

Originally posted by valentino+Dec 3 2004, 02:47 PM-->
Originally posted by valentino@Dec 3 2004, 01:31 AM
zoomspeed05

[post=425966]Quoted post[/post]​

Anyone?

Originally posted by valentino+Dec 4 2004, 03:16 AM-->
Originally posted by valentino@Dec 3 2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by valentino@Dec 3 2004, 01:31 AM
zoomspeed05

[post=425966]Quoted post[/post]​

Anyone?
[post=426230]Quoted post[/post]​

bump

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 5 2004, 10:45 AM
if you're using the p28 ob1 ecu and obd1 injectors, you must NOT run the resistor box.
[post=426556]Quoted post[/post]​

So what would i do to the 4 red/black wires that are coming from the injectors?

get a distributor plug from an obd1 civic or integra.

note: this is NOT the clip for the ignition distributor. i say distributor for lack of a better word. this is a plug which has 1 input and 4 outputs. it splits the power to all four injectors from one wire. that would be the way to do it and thats what you do with your remaining wires.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Dec 5 2004, 10:32 PM
get a distributor plug from an obd1 civic or integra.

note: this is NOT the clip for the ignition distributor. i say distributor for lack of a better word. this is a plug which has 1 input and 4 outputs. it splits the power to all four injectors from one wire. that would be the way to do it and thats what you do with your remaining wires.
[post=426880]Quoted post[/post]​

What do you mean distributor plug from obd1? I'm not sure what are you talking about. Can you please send me pictures?

thanks,
valentino

i had a similar problem in my car and it would only do it right around full boost (1.8t) and it turned out to be the MAF sensor. I dont know if that would help you at all but good luck.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Dec 6 2004, 01:14 AM
i had a similar problem in my car and it would only do it right around full boost (1.8t) and it turned out to be the MAF sensor. I dont know if that would help you at all but good luck.
[post=426912]Quoted post[/post]​

I changed the MAP sensor already. still the same.. thanks anyways

Back