Engine chokes when gas pedal is floored

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by valentino+Dec 5 2004, 10:59 PM-->
@Dec 5 2004, 10:32 PM
get a distributor plug from an obd1 civic or integra.

note: this is NOT the clip for the ignition distributor. i say distributor for lack of a better word. this is a plug which has 1 input and 4 outputs. it splits the power to all four injectors from one wire. that would be the way to do it and thats what you do with your remaining wires.
[post=426880]Quoted post[/post]​

What do you mean distributor plug from obd1? I'm not sure what are you talking about. Can you please send me pictures?

thanks,
valentino
[post=426889]Quoted post[/post]​

Where does the distributor plug located at?

Originally posted by forgivenjojo+Nov 30 2004, 07:09 PM-->
valentino
@Nov 30 2004, 05:21 PM
I been working on my car for a while now and i can't seem to fix the problem. Ok heres the problem. The car runs ok, but when i slam the gas pedal to the floor the engine chokes. When i slowly press on the gas pedal it run ok. Please someone help me.
[post=424256]Quoted post[/post]​

I drive a 91 crx with the stock 1.5 engine, and I am having the same problem. I changed the plugs and air filter. I ran premium gas and this helped a little. When I changed the plugs I noticed they looked very black, which lends me to believe my car is running heavy on the gas.....am I right? If I let off the gas a little, it stops chugging, and when the rpm's get to 2800-3000 rpm's it stops chugging.

I actually logged onto this site because of this problem and was hoping for some help for a poor student.

Many thanks to whoever can help me.
[post=424281]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay I just got my car fixed. I bet you have the same prolem. Check this out:

Get a new distributor cap and wires. When you take the distributor cap off there is a contact point that is spring loaded. Mine was actually so corroded that it broke off into the coil housing. I had to use fine miniature screwdrivers to pull the part out. Get a flashlight and look into the hole where this spring loaded contact goes into. You will actually have to hunker down beside the fender and look at just the right angle to see in. More than likely this area is going to be highly corroded. My stepfather and I cleaned out mine by scraping it, using some spray solvent (it almost smelled like either) and an airhose. I then put on the new cap and wires and presto, the car stopped chugging. It actually stopped chugging without the new wires, but you might as well spend the money and do the job right.

I am not very good with the terminology but if I did not make myself clear about any of this, pm me and I will do my best to further explain.

The bottom line problem for my chugging honda was corrosion where the spring loaded contact goes into.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Originally posted by forgivenjojo+Dec 6 2004, 03:52 PM-->
Originally posted by forgivenjojo@Nov 30 2004, 07:09 PM
valentino
@Nov 30 2004, 05:21 PM
I been working on my car for a while now and i can't seem to fix the problem. Ok heres the problem. The car runs ok, but when i slam the gas pedal to the floor the engine chokes. When i slowly press on the gas pedal it run ok. Please someone help me.
[post=424256]Quoted post[/post]​

I drive a 91 crx with the stock 1.5 engine, and I am having the same problem. I changed the plugs and air filter. I ran premium gas and this helped a little. When I changed the plugs I noticed they looked very black, which lends me to believe my car is running heavy on the gas.....am I right? If I let off the gas a little, it stops chugging, and when the rpm's get to 2800-3000 rpm's it stops chugging.

I actually logged onto this site because of this problem and was hoping for some help for a poor student.

Many thanks to whoever can help me.
[post=424281]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay I just got my car fixed. I bet you have the same prolem. Check this out:

Get a new distributor cap and wires. When you take the distributor cap off there is a contact point that is spring loaded. Mine was actually so corroded that it broke off into the coil housing. I had to use fine miniature screwdrivers to pull the part out. Get a flashlight and look into the hole where this spring loaded contact goes into. You will actually have to hunker down beside the fender and look at just the right angle to see in. More than likely this area is going to be highly corroded. My stepfather and I cleaned out mine by scraping it, using some spray solvent (it almost smelled like either) and an airhose. I then put on the new cap and wires and presto, the car stopped chugging. It actually stopped chugging without the new wires, but you might as well spend the money and do the job right.

I am not very good with the terminology but if I did not make myself clear about any of this, pm me and I will do my best to further explain.

The bottom line problem for my chugging honda was corrosion where the spring loaded contact goes into.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.
[post=427262]Quoted post[/post]​

How about the 4 red/black wires that is coming from the injectors, do i connect these wires too?

Originally posted by valentino+Dec 3 2004, 03:14 PM-->
@Dec 3 2004, 12:01 PM
if you have obd1 injectors you dont need the injector box. if you have obd0 injectors, you need the injector box.
[post=425892]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah i changed the injectors to obd1. i just changed the injectors and the injector plugs. So what else should i do to the resistor box? what do i do to the red/black wires the use to connect to the resistor box?
[post=425898]Quoted post[/post]​

that is your problem right there...just go back to the obd0 injectors

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Dec 7 2004, 02:45 AM-->
Originally posted by valentino@Dec 3 2004, 03:14 PM
GSRCRXsi
if you have obd1 injectors you dont need the injector box. if you have obd0 injectors, you need the injector box.

Yeah i changed the injectors to obd1. i just changed the injectors and the injector plugs. So what else should i do to the resistor box? what do i do to the red/black wires the use to connect to the resistor box?

[post=427539]Quoted post[/post]​

I had it to obd0 before and it has the same problem.

Originally posted by valentino+Dec 7 2004, 02:52 AM-->
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Dec 7 2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by valentino@Dec 3 2004, 03:14 PM
GSRCRXsi

[post=427539]Quoted post[/post]​

I had it to obd0 before and it has the same problem.
[post=427540]Quoted post[/post]​

bump

Back