Engine Coolant Temp Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TewSmooth18

Can someone tell me where the Engine Coolant Temp Sensor is on a 1988 Honda Civic DX. 1.5. I've searched all over the net and have found stuff that said that it could possibly cause transmission shifting to be rough and for the fans to not kick on and for the fuel to not be pushed in right or some shit like that but im not sure where it's located so I can replace mine beings im throwing a code 6..

If someone could tell me where to locate it or has a diagram showing where it's at it would be much appreciated..Thanks

Originally posted by brian11to1@Oct 17 2004, 12:10 PM
buy a book for the car.
[post=403662]Quoted post[/post]​

ok that doesnt help....i still need help locating the engine coolant temp sensor..if someone could please show me a diagram it would be appreciate..thanks

Hey bro it is behind the distributor on the head. I had to replace mine in my z6 like 8 months ago. Do it as soon as possible man i had alot of problems when i didnt.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Oct 18 2004, 03:41 PM
Hey bro it is behind the distributor on the head. I had to replace mine in my z6 like 8 months ago. Do it as soon as possible man i had alot of problems when i didnt.
[post=404266]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the reply man.. I ended up finding it on my own after calling honda and they told me where it was so I pulled off this plug to find out it wasent fuckin it..god they are idiots I swear.. But yeah I ended up finding it and got it changed... hopefully it will help make my car run alittle better

Back