engine cutting off at 3000rpms

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thebugcha

b18a swap into 90 lx sedan. Engine keeps cutting off at 3000 rpms, wondering what the problem could be???

check the distributor.... i have a 90 integra that had this problem (it has a b18a in it) so check that... take the cap off... mine was ground to shreds....

;)

When you turn the key check to see if your throwing any codes, Ive had this problem on my 91 teg with a b16

well, it could be the TPS (i know its my answer foe everything now). Anyway, check the voltage...my Ls wouldnt rev past 3k rpm, until the TPS was hooked up. When it was hooked up incorrectly I had .7 closed throttle voltage and had a surge between 1500-2k prm.

It's the distributor don't look anywhere else I had the same problem and electrical stuff was messed changed the distributor and bam problem fixed... :D

well chances are that a sensor is bad and your ecu has realized that and cut your rev limit down. check cps, tps, and other vital sensors.

Back