Engine cutting out at 6700 with GSR ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My vtec is for sure not wired up right either. I am getting a cel code for it. Someone mentioned that the ecu is looking for secondary butterflies (isn't that like the second harder pul of vtec for a gsr ecu at about 6700 rpms??

Yeah. Check your wiring harness, check your TPS, and didn't you say something about it throwing a VTEC code? If it is throwing a code for VTEC then that is your problem. VTEC should kick in before that though... I'm pretty stumped myself. My guess is that even if you have it in neutral and floor it, it is still going to sit at 6700. I have a feeling that your VTEC wires are hooked up wrong and your ECU is limiting your revs somehow... :shrug2:

Yup i tried it with netral and it will not go past 6700. I am about to take it to the shop, but they are spendy. Anyone in the portland area who wants to tackle this problem for me for some quick cash. I know vtec is wired wrong and i it has something to do with looking for secondary butterflies or something.

Khai

Back