Engine Damper kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sv4000lb

i have been thinking about getting a engine damper kit for my car. i wanted to see if it work so i made my own using a water copper 3/4in pipe that i found laying around. before buying the actual product. I cut the pipe to the size i needed and hammered both end flat and drilled a hole on both end. i then hooked one side to the head ( had to bent it to an L shape) and the other side to the chamber bolt. may need some more hammering to be adjusted fix.

RESULT:
The home made engine damper i made for my teg works. Beside a small amount of engine vibration during 1st gear engagement (from not having a shock damper)but isnt bad at all. Other then that is work, it launches good you can feel the differences also when shifting gear at high rpm. i like it. :thumbsup:

It took me less then 30min to make and install i didnt spend any money.
if you do decide to make one figure out where you want to hook it. you can find some pipe laying around maybe or buy one for less then 5 buck at home depot. you'll need a hammer and measuring tape to measure the length. tools that made be needed to clear the area so you can hook it up.

picture on bottom for visual purpose. engine damper kit is above the blow off valve.
engine-front.jpg

Last edited:
Props if it really does work. I had a friend in highschool who fabricated alot of his own things. Even highly modified other things, like putting a small block V8 in a chevette. Wish i were more mechanically inclined.

BTW your pic isnt working.

Back