Engine dies around 2000 rpms. new to the turboed world and need a little help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoostedH22

i have a 95 civic ex with an h22 swap gt4088 turbo, rc1200 cc injectors, mainly pistons, eagle rods, tail wastegate, hks bov, greedy fmic, hondata s300, walbro 255 fuel pump, fuel pressure regulater, fuel rail and all the goodys. it has been runing fine untill about a week ago when it started spiting and sputering. i thought it was just water in the gas so i runn all the gas out and got gas from a different station(octane 93). it was still sputering so i went and got a new fuel filter and a can of seafoam. i put the whole can of seafoam in at the parts store and went home and changed the fuel filter. it seemed to clear up until the next morning when i left for work and it only got worse. it will only get to about 2000 to 2500 rpms and it just cuts out like i have let of the gas it will bog down to about 1000 rpms and then it will start pulling again till 2500 and then it bogs again. the cars needs to be retuned due to the new turbo and biger injectors that was put in it when i got it but it has alway run pretty good besides it loading up every once in a while. i downloaded the s300 software and pluged it into the car but didnt realy understand anything i was seeing but the basic stuff ( i have always played with n/a foxbody mustangs). i checked the error code tab that was on the software while pluged into the car and it didnt pull anything up. has anyone ever had this problem or could some expain to me how to better use the s300 software. any advice will help. thanks

it sounds like your tps sencer is bad try looking at the engine in the back there is to sencers back there make sure both of them are pluged in and if they are check ur box on the passanger side under the carpit and see how many times the light blinks and look it up online if it blinks 14 times its the tps sencer

Stop turning it on and TOW, don't drive, your car to a tuner. you can't just plug in s300 with 1200 cc's and expect your car to run. You'll be lucky if you haven't damaged anything with those huge injectors.

it was the tps there was a broken wire on the plug. the car runs good most of the time with the exeption of it loading up every now and then but i drive it every day and rarly have any problems . i am having it tuned when i get my tax returns back. im hopeing to be in the 500 to 600hp

:concur: get that thing tuned asap throwing 1200cc injectors on a untuned motor will definatly blow a rod..... i did this playing around and put 12-14psi on a untuned D15 it was fun till i hit full boost on third gear, then i blew a rod. actually it split the whole block in half from top to bottom..

stop turning it on and tow, don't drive, your car to a tuner. You can't just plug in s300 with 1200 cc's and expect your car to run. You'll be lucky if you haven't damaged anything with those huge injectors.

holy shit batman^^^^^^^what he said. Thats alot of money to just muff off like a crack head on the 1st of the month..................... Thats so hard for me to belive at the same time. I blew on motor.....that was it. Never ever agian. Its too much money. Just get it tuned.....

i have had the car for a little over 6 months and never had any problems exept for that broken wire ive been in the boost many times and it run great. i got the guy that built the car to send me the old tune and it had 1200 cc injections in it on the previous tune he just put new ones in it apparently. he did put a biger turbo in it tho.

tick tick tick

that's the sound of your motor running out.

Back