1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine for 1997 honda civic

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by nik83twins, Oct 2, 2007.

1. nik83twins

nik83twins New Member

I have a 1997 honda civic ex with a 1.6.liter v-tec(D16Y8) engine currently in the car. I need to replace the engine. I have been shopping around and have found a good price on a 1.5 liter engine from japan. Although, many people have been telling me that it will go in fine in my car, i have now also been told while calling around to see how much people would charge to put it in, that i need to put the same engine in it that is currently in it due to the fact that the computer in the car is formatted for the 1.6liter v-tec engine, putting in a 1.5 or a non v-tec engine could cause things to shut down, go haywire and end up costing me a ton more money when i have to have more worked on, the engine taken back out.. and so on and so forth.. I was planning on putting my honda up for sale because i have twin daughters and we just need a bigger second car, I love my honda its my baby but that time has come. But then this happened. Not to many people want to buy a car that needs a new engine, not to mention I wont get much for it. Its in wonderful condition, has nice modifications, but just has this one problem Anyways.. to my question.. Does anyone know 100% if a 1.5 liter can go into my car and not have any problems. I still plan on selling it so i want to fix it up the cheapest way possible and still give someone a decent car. Any other suggestions on how to handle this situation:confused:

2. plysndrt

plysndrt New Member

how much do you want for the car with a bad engine in it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted