Engine For A 00 Civic Hb?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

underg

im hoping someone can set me straight on what has to go into my car. i read that a b16a cannot go into my car because it is obd 0. i was looking at hybridrevolutions page and they have a b16a (SiR2) engine. is this the one i want with a obd 2 ecu. also on hmotorsonline they have a B16a (sir2) but it says its from 92-95. so would it be an obd 1 ecu. yet again there is a b16a 92-00 complete change over on there page so could someone please clear my head and tell me which one i need.

you need the b16a2, b16a1 (sir) is obd0, b16a (sirII) is obd1, and b16a2 is obd2.

the b16a2 comes out of the 99-00 civic Si

where can i find a b16a2? will a b16a (sir II) work with a obd2 ecu or will it just be a headache?

The SiR was made from 89-00 it spanned three OBD's,and yes you can use the B16A from the SiR,BUT when you order it,you need to specify to them that you you need a OBD II 96-00 SiR.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi Posted on Apr 25 2003@ 09:53 PM
and b16a2 is obd2.

The USDM 99-00 Si is OBD IIb,and there is some wiring to get it in.

You an also try to find a B16A2 from a 96-97 USDM Delsol,they are OBD II also,but hard to find.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 25 2003, 04:24 PM
You an also try to find a B16A2 from a 96-97 USDM Delsol,they are OBD II also,but hard to find.

the engine from the del sols isnt b16a2, its b16a3 and i believe its obd1.

Let me save you some pain. I have a 2000 coupe and I am in the process of of swaping an LS motor from a 96 Teg. While it is true this is an OBD2 motor it isn't the same OBD2 as your car. So the best thing you can do is find a motor out of a 99/00 that way you won't have any problems droping it into your car. The other thing you need to watch for is make sure that you get the mounts you need becuase some of the mounts from my integra motor won't work and I have to get a mount from an 99 si. Your best bang for you buck is going to be LS/Vtech done properly meaning use the SI head with the SI pistons in your LS block. The only lame thing is to stay OBD2 you must get both peices OBD2. That is the key to the cleanest swap. Now if you are on a budget I would check out EBAY there is this guy who sells harnesess to convert your OBD2b to OBD1 ecu. This is a great way to use an older motor, wich can save you some money. Hope that helps

OH P.S. If you want to go super cheap then I have a 2000 EX SOHC Vtec motor I will sell you for 500 with ECU and everything else. It won't be officialy for sell for another month but let me know if you might be interested. I am in AZ if that helps on shipping or anything like that.

Back