Engine For Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im tryna boost it nd possible a turbo, but i aint to sure bout it yet...i got a pretty good budget but cant go to far ya dig,, wen eva skool out i wana race it

B16A head on a GSR block = Poor mans Type R.

B16A2/B18C1 swap is by far the most practical and most hassle-free swaps for most 92+ Civics. H22's tend to be on the heavy side, and usually can't rev as high as the B16's or B18C's. For all out power, an H22 is a good idea, but if you want your car to handle well, a smaller engine is better. If you have the $$ to spend, the K20 swaps are the top of the line, and will definately get your Civic to haul.

yes he knows what hes talking about. h22 is around $2000 the same as a b16a, but i often read that not only is it a difficult swap but even with a complete change over your still going to have to buy many different parts. so you would probrably end up spending more than you really intended. make sure you do your research before you go buying anything major. since this is your first swap i suggest you with a b series. personally i dont think the b16 has enough torque for me. i say save up and get a better motor or get the b16a and mod however you want.

good looks on the info nd shit, but yeah i think i will save up nd get the b18c1 or b18 c5, one of the two nd see whea ill go from thea!

This is true about the money spent on the parts to complete the H22A swap. The B18 from hmotorsonline (for the complete swap kit) is about 1250 more than the B16A2 complete swap. I would prob. end up spending more looking for the parts to finish the H22A swap than I would just buying the complete swap kit B18. I know that the B18/16 are easy drop-in's, and that they rev higher, but they don't produce as much torque. I will most likely end up just going with a complete B16/18 swap kit, and just dropping it in the engine bay.

yeah im feelin the H22 swap cuz more power nd torque off the rip, but then agen i also kept in mind what u sed bout the car handlin more betta nd shit with the b18 or b16... jus sutin i need to decide i guess lol

well if you want a bad ass motor and dont mind putting in time and money to do the swap you might as well put a k20a in it. k series has more potential in it. that would seriously be the badest thing around the streets

yeah i feel whea u comin from i kno sum kid who got a k20 in his teg, its an idea but ne idea how much the swap wud be cuz i kno the price on the motor?

aight no prob, i wud attempt it but i dnt wana mess nethin up, id rather have sum1 do it who knows more than me nd then i can jus add on shit that i kno bout

How to find a good mechanic

Visit your local part store. Hang around there for about 20 minutes during the morning or midday when the "shop" traffic is heavy. Watch the people that come in and out. The person that gives the parts guy the hardest time about a part that the guy is trying to sell him that he knows he doesn't need is who you should be asking about your swap.

just a suggestion

aight fasho good looks i think i might jus do that, but i hear thea is alot of bullshit shops who take u for ur money nd dnt do good jobs out hea in florida, but ima look around nd see what i come up with...im the mean time im guna put some my funds 2getha nd decide what motor i wana go with

you know sometimes a mechanic at home is better than a mechanic with a shop. cheap labor and if they screw something up they always got another "something" laying around the house. and we are very inventive and imaginative :)

yea thas true also lol my grampz is a mechanic but he out in NY i aint tryna drive out thea for him to hook my car up nd then drive back, cuz he do that inhouse stuff too

i kno sum bout cars but not enough to pull my whole motor out nd jus dismantle it nd put it back in ya dig

The h22 is a great engine but except for the power it ads allot of weight too. The b16 is a lighter, smaller and higher revving engine. A lot of people love Honda for the rpms screamers that they are. Plus I’ve read that the b16 is perfect for turbo because of a certain ratio (forgot the name).
Don't get me wrong I wouldn’t mind a h22 in my civic but I prefer the b16. More specifically the sir2 engine. The car is lighter and they go real fast.
Plus the b16 has allott more aftermarket support than the h22 does.

thas wassup, so wut u think i shud do then lol keep the b16 nd jus add on to thatr motor nd 4get the b18's nd shit?

jus so u kno im a lil new at the import stuff, love driven stick but neva really got into all that racing shit til bout a year ago

yea an h motor is nice but as said, lotsa extra weigh & buyin of new non-interchanging parts. H is also heavier than b or k .. which're designed for civic/integra chassis ... which makes parts interchanging more possible. People like the b16 for the hi rpm hp; for a torqier motor I'd go with the k.

good looks on that... but seein i got the b16 already i think ima start wit that one mayb add some internal parts to it nd a turbo see how it is...i feel i need more ill jus end up sellin erthin

i got a ? tho...wassup wit the b20 motor thas not a good one to use in a 95 coupe...is it a faster motor i aint really sure?

Back