Engine For Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you can get torq on tha b16, simply using a b18 crank
... or even aftermarket stroker. That's what I'd wish for myself other than K.

A high torq motor will feel like it revs a lil better in a lighter car ... the crv is many hundreds of lbs heavier ... Even wit just the b18 T.body/header/exhaust & wit out vtec, it'll keep up to a b18c through the first 1/8th of a mile or so, until the b18c can get in its torq range & out rev it.

It depends on what you wanna do dude. If you just wanna chill and have some good speed go with the b16. If you wanna race go with the b16 or b18c turbo.
That way you can race and keep it as a daily driver because you won’t lose your a/c. If you wanna go all race throw a k series in there. Or build a Frankenstein engine man. Make your car go crazy fast.
So if you just wanna have a little speed go with the b16...trust me they go fast lol
If you wanna race build a Frankenstein engine or go with the k20.
The b20 is good too...allot of torque, but as I hear the cylinder walls are pretty thin so going turbo is not as easy as the other B series or the K series.
It all depends on what you wanna use the car for dude.

so stick wit the b16 i got then?...or possibly sell that nd get a b18??

lol im still tryna learn all bout the diff motor setups nd wats betta than others ya kno...

im goin race but not full race ya kno...

but eh wut u mean frankentein engine lol thas a new one for me

A Frankenstein engine is putting parts from different engines together. Like each engine had something good about it. So it kind like making a all-star engine.
Like B20 with a b18 head. Stuff like that.
There's more to it but I’m just telling you the basis of it.

For not all race go for the b16a2 and then turbo it. So you'll basically have a sir2 turbo. Those things fly. I know a guy with a sir2 non turbo and he's killed an evo and a skyline. And the b16 is cheaper in parts and maintenance. If you have a bigger budget put a gsr engine in it. Not that much more expensive and great performance. Or if you can afford it go with the b18c5..Than you won’t need a turbo. Lol

good looks on the info...i think ill go wit the b16 tho...i got a budget but dnt wana go broke ova my car lol ya kno wut i mean haha

nd im not goin all out race so that sounds pretty good to me the sir2

sure..no problem. Get back to me when you but the sir2 engine in. See if i'm right about flying on a budget. lol. Good luck man.

will do, thnx alot for the info nd help appreciate it lol

yea an h motor is nice but as said, lotsa extra weigh & buyin of new non-interchanging parts. H is also heavier than b or k .. which're designed for civic/integra chassis ... which makes parts interchanging more possible. People like the b16 for the hi rpm hp; for a torqier motor I'd go with the k.

First of all the h22 isnt that much heavier than a b series. its just a lot more work putting in. rumors that people have trouble revving past 4000rpm, and that it isnt as reliable.

For not all race go for the b16a2 and then turbo it. So you'll basically have a sir2 turbo. Those things fly. I know a guy with a sir2 non turbo and he's killed an evo and a skyline. And the b16 is cheaper in parts and maintenance. If you have a bigger budget put a gsr engine in it. Not that much more expensive and great performance. Or if you can afford it go with the b18c5..Than you won’t need a turbo. Lol

i call bs on that yeah a turbo sir will be pretty fast. but unless that motor and car is fixed up the ass there is no way youre beating an evo or skyline.

i'd go for the h22a im dropping one into my 99 hatch right now. its too difficult but make sure you find someone that knows there way around cars or you could get stuck.
the main things you need for the swap is
-the swap itself engine tranny ecu a/c p/s _ 2200
-hasport axles_359
-hasport motor mounts _ i think 500
-shift linkage and shift box
i had no problems dropping my engine in right now its down to wiring. i am still gonna have my A/C and P/S!! but my mechanic had to fab some special hoses. ive also pretty much rebuilt the motor to save myself from problems later on. ill give an update on how well 0it drives sooner or later

sure..no problem. Get back to me when you but the sir2 engine in. See if i'm right about flying on a budget. lol. Good luck man.

i got a 2000 civic si b16a2 block... im lookin for a b16 head to drop on it nd probly change up sum the internal parts to make it run betta then turbo it up....,but do u think its necessary to change the internals or i can get away wit jus the turbo??

na i doubt that haha i dont believe it lol but i kno the sir2 it a lil fast tho not major but good enough

Hahahaha.
You underestimate the power of Honda my friend.
So I must be crazy or I must have been dreaming I guess. Lol
I'm not lying. He's a great driver and the car is wicked fast. You don't have to believe me but I know what I saw.
I think he had his headers in against the skyline but he didn't against the evo.

LOl.
I don't live in the U.S dude. All parts and pretty much all cars except for drag race cars are street legal. A 1000hp here is street legal. He drives around like once a year but you get my point. I live on an island called curacao.
It was a evo 4 and a skyline gtst. Not a gtr or something dude.
But it's still impressive.

anybody know how to find a b16a used for a good price in the us

anybody know how to find a b16a used for a good price in the us

yeah on ebay i jus bought a b16a2 block for 350..all i had to buy was a complete head for it nd i was up nd runnin but they have complete blocks for pretty cheap also...check it out

nd h-ridah thas wassup cuz i seen some fast ass civics na shit but not like that haha but aye the impossible aint always impossible ya dig...ill jus need to see it myself like u did lol but na i aint lookin for 1000hp lmao im in us nd it wudnt be legal

well that would be the easy way and spend less money. i am going eather with the ls/vtec or k20 for the civic eg but i never considerd the h22 but it would take a good amount of money and time to swap that h22 in the civic.

Back