Engine For Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea sure wud...nd the ls/vtec aint bad eitha tho for a swap..but i dno i had a b16 in my eg already so i jus bought a pretty new block for it nd insted of the same head jus bought a new one also, so i got a spare motor now...

the h22 tho i dnt think i wud bother wit it

I noticed that if they have civic then they prefer b16a.. my question is why not get h22a or up.. they lookin for more hp. im sure they lookin for more hp.. h22a got 200... b16a got around 160.. i know h22a can fit civic.. why not h22a or other.. why pick b16a? i wanna to know..

will if u wanna go turbo... b16a has lower compression??

acutally u can get a EP3 k20 for 1500 then 520 for hasport mounts. the k20 comes with every thing but axles.

ya a little more hP but the weight makes it less efficiant. the fact that it the erly ones had iron blocks weighs the car down and it almost makes it slower. Its redline is also 7500 as opposed to 8500 or 9000 in some b16s. but for the price u could get an h22 ucould get a k20 from a type s with 200 hp then you can put the JDM cams inot to push it to 210 hp then you could chip it. chips are more redily avialable for the k20 and k24 than the H22 and the older engines.

Another fact about an h22 swap is there is alot of cutting involved and im not ot keen on that idea because the more cutting you do on the crossmember the weaker it gets unless u box i in.. its just alot easyer for regular applications to put a b16 in a civic. If u intend to make it a track car then a turbo h22 may be the way to go but for evey day easy swap id say the b16 first, K20 second and h22 3rd

I noticed that if they have civic then they prefer b16a.. my question is why not get h22a or up.. they lookin for more hp. im sure they lookin for more hp.. h22a got 200... b16a got around 160.. i know h22a can fit civic.. why not h22a or other.. why pick b16a? i wanna to know..

Because HP doesn't really mean as much as you think and the H22 isnt exactly a simple or cheap install. I've seen some H22 civics and all they were good for is drag racing at a track, not really a driveable car....personally I think its too much TQ for a daily driven FWD car.

Back