Engine harness question!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Danli

Hey fellas, I have a question. I have a 94 GSR.. I bought it from an insurance auction completely stripped.. Obviously I needed to choose a motor.. I decided to go with a B16a sir2 simply because it was all I could afford at that time (should have went with a b18c)..

I basically have finished the whole swap, however, the engine's harnesses don't match up with the car's harnesses.. I figure that I could just purchase & replace the b16 harness with a GSR engine harness and everything should plug and play.. The problem is, I can't find a GSR engine harness anywhere! I have however, found a 94 si harness (d16z6 OBD I).. So here comes my question...

First, is the si and gsr engine harness basically the same thing???? Meaning if I throw the si engine harness on, will it plug and play with my car's harnesses??

Secondly, am I approaching this wiring problem the right way?? I am not completely sure if I know what I talking about.. I just heard from a friend that this is possible..

If you have any suggestions or comments... It would be very appreciated!!
Thanks a lot

Thats steep for a harness.

You can get the Si's harness and add the two VTEC wires, the dual butterfly wire and the knock sensor wire. That would work just fine(it will plug in). It would be easier to get the GSR harness, but it would only take about 20 minutes to add the necessary wires to the Si harness.

Your on the right track.

um no it wouldnt dude

the si harness is a one-piece harness, meaning that there is no connector between the engine harness and the ecu. the gsr harness is a 2-piece, meaning that the engine harness plugs into the in-car harness on the towers. you cannot use an si harness in a gsr, or vice-versa.

so... :newbie:

and harnesses aren't cheap, man. you'll be looking at anywhere from $150 to $300 for a complete uncut harness.

Back