Engine Harness Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Importfan

i swapped a Y8 into a 94 ex coupe and i picked up a 93 SI engine harness for a good price but it was out of a canadian 93 SI. Wanted to know if the alternator wire colors mean the same as the US ones. this being for when i splice the new plug onto the harness to fit it. reason i ask is because ive been throwing the CEL 20 (electrical load detector) at high RPMs. O one other thing, what would cause the CEL 7 (TPS) also when i get on it. Then when i shut the car off and turn it back on the CELs are gone.

any input would be great

The TPS is a typical problem on used engines.. either check it with a multimeter or replace it and it should take care of the TPS code.

yeah use the multimeter like he said, but to clarify; put the key in on with the engine off, then test the voltage accross the signal and ground. it should read .45~.5v closed throttle, and 5.0v full throttle. since your having issues at full throttle, try rotating it open slowly, watching the voltage all the while and make sure it increases smoothly.

Back