engine harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

would all obd 1 vtec engine harnesses work for a d15bvtec.... ie: d16z6, gsr and sir II? I know a d15b uses a one wire o2 if that helps

if i use my cx engine harness with my d15b vtec engine swap what wires/plugs do i need to add? i know my cx is a 1 wire o2 and the d15b is a one wire o2 as well.

your putting the JDM one in right?

Since it is VTEC, your going to need to add the 2 wires for VTEC. Other then that, I am not sure.

well ther reason i am asking cuz i never deal with vtec. yes, its jdm my motor is coming and next week is the only time i have to put it in is the 14th at 4pm till noon monday

I merged em, it will net you better results since the same people will be looking and answering anyway :)

I thought the D15B had a four wire o2? Interesting, well if it does have a one wire, and you're running it's ECU you should be ok just adding the vtec wires.

if adding wires do i need plugs? would any vtec solenoid plug work?

bauly or what ever his name is says its a one wire o2 over at ht

Your motor should come with the JDM harness, just undo the loom and tape, and remove hthe vtec plug and wires all the way to the canon plugs, and pop the pins out. Then since your lucky, and have a 92 you can find where the wires that come imbedded in the ECU to engine bay harness are in your cars canon plug, and pop the vtec wires pins in there, then run it into your loom and plug it into the motor.

it wasn't a complete change over...... i bought a d15b vtec wtih tranny it didn't say it came with wiring harness. it came to my buddies house a few hours ago he is going to unpack it and take pics and send em to me so later today i can tell if it has a wiring harness

what ecu are you using? if you use p28 you need 4wire o2.. and obviously vtec.. since your car is 92 you have everything you need to do the wiring in the chassis side of the shocktower plug.. you can convert your cx.. i've went over this a few times on this and other forums,.. it's pretty well covered, you need to search.. or buy an ex/si harness and it'll plug right in.. i have an ex/si 92-95 harness for sale if you want ;)

my motor came with full harness from a vti ...... it said it wasn't in the add but since i bought the motor and tranny they thru it in. so since i have that harness does it just plug is at at my strut tower plugs?

RHD harness :( are the wrong lengths.

Back