1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Harness?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by mesodum, Oct 7, 2007.

1. mesodum

mesodum New Member

Hi I'm a new member I have a question about the engine wire harness. 1st If I purchase a engine w/ ecu and harness would I still have to pin and wire for vtec or other misc. stuff? also would it be worth it to install the jdm harness in my car?

2nd is there any shops you would personally recomend me to purchase engine and ect?
    (92 Accord to H22a Accord) Also Thanks to all who respond

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  2. random_hero

random_hero New Member

I'm about to do this swap for a friend. You can get good shit from Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com as far as Engine, trans, and ECU are concerned. Hmotorsonline is just a suggestion, I'm sure others wil recommend another place.
    Be sure to get a complete package (engine, trans, ECU, axles, mounts, and linkage) just to be on the safe side. As far as harnesses go JDM harness is useless. It's made for right hand drive cars. But don't throw it out. I am going to take the H22 harness and the stock Accord harness and send them to Rywire. That makes it easy for me to do the electrical portion (I hate wiring). It will probably come back with some open ends and connectors which will have to be put into the plugs on the ECU.

Anymore questions you have you can PM me.

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:werd:

If you buy your motor through a tuner shop you'll probably get gouged on the price. Buy a swap package from hmotors, and then send the harnesses to rywire and have them build you a custom swap harness.

With a custom harness this swap will be pretty much plug-n-play. The H22 should bolt right up to the Accord chassis.

4. mesodum

mesodum New Member

Hey thats cool you both answered what I need to know Thanks bros

5. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

You don't need to modify the harness to swap the H22 into a 92 accord, just plug everything in and run the 4 wires for the VTEC sensors into the factory ECU harness. I've done this swap before and it's very straightforward.. everything in the engine bay plugs right into the H22 with the exception of the VTEC parts. I'd personally save the couple hundred dollars and install the 4 wires myself.

Technically all you really need is the H22 longblock and the ECU, that's how I installed it in the car I was working on. However, the H22 trans is much better (shorter gearing) and if you have the cash it's a better alternative. Buy your stuff through hmotors like mentioned above they're a very reputable company and don't sell junk!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted