Engine Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integra dude

i have a 97 integra rs and i have about 5 grand for the engine. any ideas? im not to sure what to do. i want my car to be as fast aas it can be but still want to be able to drive it. thanks for the help

That is not much info to go on. Do you want to run NA or Forced Induction? What kind of racing do you want to do?

First thing you should do is start doing research.

I don't know much about supercharging, but the key to making any build work is to know as much as you can.

what i want to do is supercharge it and hopefully put a 50 shot of dry nitrous on it but im not sure what else i should change. maybe a full engine balance or port and polish or something. i not really sure. any advice will help. thanks

We'll say that a SC kit is going to cost you $3500. That leaves you with $1500 for misc parts. You should get an intake, exhaust manifold and a catback. That will probably eat the money you have. If you have the cash and the knowhow, pistons and rods couldn't hurt.

o i should have told you i have a place were i can get a jakcson racing supercharger for about 1500 and i already have most of teh minor stuff done like intake exhaust and then new spark plug wires. but you say that pistons and rods would help. what kind of pistons? should they be ones that reduce compression because someone told me that i should do that and it didnt make sense to me. well thanks for teh help.

The compression ratio that you should run is determined by the amount of boost you want to run. The only forged pistons I have experience with are Endyn Rollerwave. I love them. Eagle rods are great for the money.

i am planning on running about 5-6 pounds of boost off teh supercharger. and about how much do you think that the pistons and rods will run me. and what would you do after that?? thanks

Eagle rods can be had for around $350 Endyn pistons for $550. Before I did those I would get A Hondata or some method of tuning the engine.

Back