Engine Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94hatchback

Hey, I'm getting a new Honda HatchBack 1992-1995 and i was wondering if i should swap in a new GSR engine into it or a diffrent kind so I was going to get other people's opinion on it so if anyone could help out please do thanks.

welcome to hondaswap btw. anyway, the gsr is a good platform to start off with, you can either go n/a or boosted on that motor. the REAL question is, how much are you willing to spend and i'm assuming that you want this as a daily driver as well. give us more info and we'll gladly help. good luck.

Personally I think a GSR is a great motor to have in a Civic, especially a hatchback. Even in stock trim that'll be a quick car.

If you don't have the cash for the GSR you can always get a B16 and play with that little bit, it would still be a lot quicker than a D-series, but I would bite the bullet and go for the B18C1 if you can.

I personally believe that the B18C1 (GSR motor) is the best motor for a hatch if you are looking for a daily driver and especially if you want to stay all motor. If you are a real high roller then you can get a B18C5 but I would not turbo that personally. I know guys with stock GSR motors in hatches that are running 14's and 13's lightly modded.

Peace*

I have EG6 with B18C1, the best i ever feel man....good luck

that's what a few people have suggested for me too. i have a 94 cx. there's been a few that have told me the GSR is a great motor for m y car. but what i'm trying to figure out is how much should i expect to pay for the GSR?

:ph34r:

$2900-$3300 plus shipping,unless you can score one in a local junkyard.

Back