engine hit hood

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

i have a 93 civic dx and i put a b18c1 in it with all the stock mounts except the a/c one. when ever i drive hard my engine hits the hood. its really scarry and i want it to stop. reason i didnt put the ac mount on because its broken. i read in another topic i read that you can fix/fill mounts with liquid polyurethane (sp?) if i fix my a/c one and put it on would it stop hitting the hood? also where do i get that liquid urethane stuff?

it prolly would if u dont have all the mounts in. i mean torque does move ur motor. there is a video somewhere of a Type R breaking motor-mounts cause so much torque so im sure its possible.

check all your engine mounts and make sure that they are tight. I have a 96 cx hb with JDM 98 B18c and my left engine mount(next to the timming belt) broke and I didnt check. whenever i drive hard, the engine move and hit the hoop and mess up the hoop. I have no idea what causing my engine to hit the hoop until one night I was racing a WRX, my hood pop opened and I almost crash. I got new hood and bought a new mount and the engine stop moving.

yeah check all mounts, the motor will move some when you have a busted mount. I busted my driverside upper motor mount and had a similar problem, new mount problem solved for me.

You also only need to run three mounts, the upper driverside, upper tranny mount, and rear mount.

it could be that you didn't level the engine when you dropped it in...you should check exactly where the engine is hitting the hood and then kneel in front of the car with the hood open and make sure that the engine is level and not slanted...we had the same problem with your same car and engine and it was because the drivers side mount was not tight enough and the pass side tranny mount was shifting all the weight to the pass side causing the drivers side to hit the hood everytime you ran it hard...hope this helps

Back