engine idel problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

8ballsin

i just pulled my D15A2 motor to change the flywheel clutch and tranny for a D16A6 and i put it back in and now the idel jumps from 1000 to 2000 rpms and will not stop i have no idea why any one have the solution:confused:

It sounds like the idle control is not plugged in. Did your car idle high to begin with. When I set up the base idle on my car and I unplugged the idle control on the back of the intake, I brought the idle up to 1000 rpm it would jump up and down similar to how you described. Maybe the plug/wires got damaged during removal.

either idle control isnt plugged in or the wires are damaged...
the fast idle control-on the back of the manifold there are 2 coolant hoses try switching them arounf
or its a vacuum leak<----most probable

Im starting to hate your car more and more every day I spend more time working on your car than I do on mine

1000-2000 rpm idle jump usually indicates a vacuum hose on the intake manifold. Look on the back of the manifold, im sure your missing a hose somewhere or it was not connected back up.

1000-2000 rpm idle jump usually indicates a vacuum hose on the intake manifold. Look on the back of the manifold, im sure your missing a hose somewhere or it was not connected back up.

well see my hoses are hooked up when i take the one off of the back of the intake it runs fine

Okaye. So leave it off, plug it, whatever. :)

Back