Engine Light Came On

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

legutki

I have a pr3 in a 89crx HF. The engine light came on and it wont rev past 3k. After a while the engint light went off and it was back to normal and ran fine until I brought it back down to idle and then the engine light came back on and it wont rev past 3k. When the light came on i thought i heard something switch on. I just finished my swap and it has not run right yet except for a coulpe of minutes here and there. Any suggestions???

oh yeah the ecu light is not blinking or throwing any codes. What does that mean? is the ecu jacked up?

Originally posted by B16+May 6 2003, 06:30 PM-->
@May 6 2003, 11:56 AM
oh yeah the ecu light is not blinking or throwing any codes. What does that mean? is the ecu jacked up?

well, you said the light is on, so it must be throwing a code, are you checking it correctly?
https://hondaswap.com/articles/viewer.php?id=20

thats what i was about to say. The light doesn't just blink on its own, you have to jumper it

Actually, OBD0 ECUs do blink on their own... If the light stays on it's throwing code 0 which sends you into limp mode (where you can't rev over 3K)... That does mean either something is loose in the ECU or external wiring or your ECU is fubar'd as AllMotorMonster said... It doesn't normally go in and out of limp mode if it's fubar'd so check everything!!! Good luck man...

Back