Engine light comes on after a couple days??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamielangdo

i swaped my d16y7 for a d15b vtec. the car runs good except my engine light came on after a couple days of daily driving, why? so i heard it may be my IAC vavle, so i cleaned it, my car runs great, but engine light came on again after a couple days????
any ideas?

the first time it came on, my car would iddle up and down very quick at arround 1200rmp.
but now its not, the engine light is just on

then fix that and it should go away

idk, if you put a new part on there and reset the ecu, it should have went away maybe check the wires between the iacv and the ecu to make sure there good and connected with no grime build up

yeah. the wires for the iacv are new. i had to wire them seperate. that shouldnt be a problem there. some people have told me that placing a breather filter on my vlave cover and pluging the cold air breather tube should help because the deposits from the valve cover can cause the iacv to get dirty. is that true?

i mean it can make them dirty but thats what the screen is for i myself dont like to plug it with a filter i like running it like it came from the factory.and with you running the wires yourself just double check to make sure there getting a good connection at the ecu, it happens

ok i'll check that out tonight. any other ideas of what it may possibly be?? i just find it weird that it takes a few days or so for the engine light to come on.

Hook up an OBD2 reader, this will ensure you're pulling the correct code.

Do you have and idle problems?

well sort of..its when i press the gas at arround 1700rpm my car give a little shake. it jumps the rmp up about 200rmp. just like a little kick? not sure why it does that

Have you checked the secondary o2 sensor?

Are you using the correct ECU? No. The p2p is for the d16y8.

You need the proper ECU for the d15Bx. Get that ecu, and you'll not have a CEL.

if you have not hacked your harness go to a garage where you can find a snap-on motis and ask them to put the scope to your car.you will pay a diagnostic fee but the motis will find the problem. if your ballin buy a motis.if your broke or just too proud,keep typing

Back