engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

my check engine light comes on after driving
sometimes it takes a while to come on other times its on sooner
i havent had a chance to check it out yet just wondering what it could be
im thinking it might be my o2 sensor because i have the gsr into the 94 civic cat with just a flange is this a problem

pull the code? is it hard ?
5 mins will tell you whats wrong! then you don't have to rely on me to guess that you low on intake fliud and need to a litter of oil

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 18 2004, 06:43 PM
5 mins will tell you whats wrong! then you don't have to rely on me to guess that you low on intake fliud and need to a litter of oil
[post=404368]Quoted post[/post]​

how do i pull the code
im still new at the computer part

Originally posted by stedscivic+Oct 18 2004, 07:47 PM-->
hcivic.com
@Oct 18 2004, 06:43 PM
[post=404368]Quoted post[/post]​

how do i pull the code
im still new at the computer part
[post=404374]Quoted post[/post]​

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=682412

that website helped me learn how to do it even has a video

i just want to throw in that mine(93 civic dx) is blue not grey. evryone says its grey but mine is blue and it was a bitch to find if your looking for a dif color

help
i plugged speaker wire into the blue connector
instead of my engine light flashing my srs light keeps flashing steady and my engine light is solid
whats going on?!!!

anyone know i have to head back to college in a couple hours and wanted to find out what is wrong before i leave

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 25 2004, 09:59 AM
the service plug on my car is brown.

be sure you are jumping the right harness.
[post=407059]Quoted post[/post]​

there are 2 harnesses that i found
one was blue and had 2 wires
the other was blue and had three
the one with 2 is the one i want right?

so why is it when i hook the wires up the check engine light is solid and the SRS light blinks without stopping
as soon as i unplug the wires the engine and SRS light go out

srs computer and the main ecu are not conencted to each other at all. i have no idea wtf you are doing, but perhaps you should get assistence from someone with eperience before you mess something up or deploy your air bags.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 25 2004, 03:19 PM
srs computer and the main ecu are not conencted to each other at all. i have no idea wtf you are doing, but perhaps you should get assistence from someone with eperience before you mess something up or deploy your air bags.
[post=407235]Quoted post[/post]​

so the SRS light on the dash should have nothing to do with the harness i check my codes with?
what harness is under the glovebox that is making that light come on
what all harnesses are in this location besides the one that you check the codes with/

One of the plugs is for the SRS system (though from what I remember this one is under the driverside), and the other is for the ECU, if one doesn't work, than jump the other one, process of elimination.

the srs service conenctor is behind the radio area in the center of the car on the drivers side (kinda by the gas pedal side of the center area) on my del sol. the srs brain is right behind the radio in the dash.
the ecu is in the passenger kick panel.

i don't see how he can be jumping the wrong thing.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 26 2004, 09:40 AM
the srs service conenctor is behind the radio area in the center of the car on the drivers side (kinda by the gas pedal side of the center area) on my del sol. the srs brain is right behind the radio in the dash.
the ecu is in the passenger kick panel.

i don't see how he can be jumping the wrong thing.
[post=407544]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree with you im sure i have the right one but for some reason it doesnt work

That's about what I thought Brian.

Are you doing it all in the right order? Car off, jump connector, turn key to asscessory?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 26 2004, 01:47 PM
That's about what I thought Brian.

Are you doing it all in the right order? Car off, jump connector, turn key to asscessory?
[post=407647]Quoted post[/post]​

car off but key still in ignition
jump wire
turn key so i get the dash lights
then the SRS and engine light come on
the SRS then blinks repeatidly non stop

Back