Engine Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Electronic Load Detector, would have to be MAP Sensor issues. The Map Sensor is what measures the engines LOAD......
I don't understand this.

While I can relate to MAP indirectly being a measure of engine load as manifold vacuum is directly related to the overall load condition.

What I don't understand is the correlation to the electrical/electronic load sensor? That is electrical load and resides in the fuse box under the hood. It's purpose is to report load to the ECU which in turn controls the alternator to enhance fuel efficiency under specific load andn battery conditions.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Look at this Pinout, then check out your Chassis Harness and your Jumper.
Your Knock Sensor Locations are Circled Red.
Untitled.jpg

That obd2a would be the same location on an obd2a LS. If it's blank on your Chassis Harness, then it would be simple to wire it into C3 on your obd1 connector side.
can you post that pic again plz? srry missed it i guess

For ELD, here's some stuff to check:

1) Check the fuse box inside the car on the driver's side. Check fuse 15. (Should be a 7.5A fuse)
2) Have your alternator checked at a parts store (it's usually free).
3) Have your battery checked at a parts store (again usually free).
4) Check the electrical connector under the intake manifold on the passenger side. If it's touching, or could be touch wire sheath to bear metal, you'll get a code 20.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/civic/x99-029e.pdf

Back