engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chucks 91 crx

Hello I have a 1991 crx si with a b16a swap with a 1992 to 1995 civic P28 ecu and the engine light is on and need to find what the codes are so I can turn it off. Any help please.thanks

This chart isn't helping me at all I need to get the light on the dash to blink it's solid on when turn the key on the car is swapped over from the d16 to a b16a and the ecu is from a 92-95 civic (p28) which in the Haynes repair manual it don't tell you how to pull the codes and there isn't wires.

The 2nd paragraph tells you how:

Before you can start reading the CEL (check engine light) in your dash, you need to 'jump' your ecu. Here's how.
Located the factory two-pin connector of brown and black wires near the ECU on Civics del Sols and Integra's, or behind the center console for Preludes and Accords. Pull that 2-pin out of the main harness. Using a wire or paper clip as a jumper, connect the outputs of the harness together, so that the black wire and the brown wire make a circuit. Once this is jumped together, the dash will start the light show, so its a good idea to jump first, then turn to on.

What wires am I looking for the b16a harness is connected to a jumper harness connected to the p28 there isn't any wires near the ecu that is factory on the 91 crx si

Check behind the glove box or between glove box and kick panel. It'll be a plug that is not connected to anything.

I see a connector that isn't hooked up its green wire and a brown wire connected would that be the jumper it's located down below the a/c heater box by the kick panel

Take a paper clip and bend it until it's shaped like the letter U. Then place each end in that connector. Then turn key to "on" position. See if CEL starts to flash. Long flashes are increments of 10's and short flashes are increments of 1's. So two long and four short is a code 24.

I jump the plug with a wire and I turned the key on and seen that the engine light went 4 long and 1 short so is that 41 the code as Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater
circuit malfunction.

Last edited:
Check the wiring first. But the 02 might be bad or not even installed.

Hello the wires on the 02 are black, gray, white, white.
Wire diagram for the 02 says
White ×2 are heaters
Black is signal
Gray is ground

On the p28 layout it says
A6 is 02 heater
A25 is 02 power
D14 is 02 signal
D22 is ground

My question is what white wire is the Power or the heater if the 02 sensor says they are both heaters not power or does it make a difference.

If the wiring looks right....switch the two white wires, reset ECU and see what happens.

Back