engine load detector? HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i didnt say theres i box, by box i meant replace the fuse box, but i have the same problem and i replaced the fusebox today and i still have eld showing up...does anyone know why??

i changed my under hood box when i had a code 20 and it didnt go away. when i called phearable for another chip to disable it they told me the car wont run good with it disabled.

i was told it wont hinder performance if its there.... i got their base map chip and it was gone any way...

hmm well i'd like to fix it the right way, cuz even if it don't show up, it makes your alt. crank out more power then its supposed to. or somethign

im out of the house again, but scroll up and read the troubleshooting I paraphrased from honda. it could be the eld to ecu wire.. ill check back l8

I think I fixed the pic's... Let me know if they're there or not.

Yes they are there now. Well super, it's not the same one I've opened up (from a 99-00 EK). But I would guess it's inside the smaller piece. You should be able to follow the circuit from the alt charge line input to the fuse box to where the ELD is connected.

I know exactly where the ELD's are for the 92-00 civic fuse boxes.

My boy just called a local shop and he told him that the pre-94 integras never came with an ELD. However, my ECU, ('95 P72) is looking for an ELD signal, but it's not getting one... The guy told him that we had to get a '92-'93 integra GSR ECU (P61) for it to run correctly.

Hope this helps anyone else looking for the same answer.......

Oh, If anyone wants to sell a P61 ecu or trade for an OBD-1 P72 let me know! Even a P75 ecu from a 92-93 integra LS/GS. Please help me out!

Last edited:
Ahh good info! Never woulda thought about that!

you can't replace the ELD you have to replace the box, and those pics you ahve, i dont think thats the fuse box, you have 2 under your hood right??

you can't replace the ELD you have to replace the box, and those pics you ahve, i dont think thats the fuse box, you have 2 under your hood right??

That is the fuse box. You may not recognize it because I took all the fuses and relays out... :huh: ...and that is the only fuse box under the hood. ;)

And did you read my last post? There is no ELD in 90-93 integras....

All my 88's have it in the underd hood fuse box. Swapped fuse box, ELD light gone.

are you sure baout integra's 90-93 not havin eld. proove it. this would help me out. cuz i have my eld still

are you sure baout integra's 90-93 not havin eld. proove it. this would help me out. cuz i have my eld still

First of all, I don't have to proove s#@t to you... You can do some research just like I did, and call around to local shops, like I did.

Did you look at my pic's? When I took the entire fuse box apart, I did not see any thing that even resembles an ELD, so I called a local shop and asked him "where is the ELD on a 90-93 integra?" He told me there wasn't one on the 90-93 integra's. I am not stating this as fact, but it makes sense.

This is how it was explained to me and then how I explained it to a friend of mine in an email....

I was getting a code 20 from my ECU in my 93 Acura Integra GS. Code 20 is the Electrical Load Detector. The problem could be anything from a crossed to wire to a missing ground, to a wire grounding itself out on the chassis, to even a bad Electrical Load Detector. That's why you seen me for the past couple weeks, rewiring that entire car. Yesterday, I called Flicker, who confirmed what I thought, that pre-1994 integras do not have an Electrical Load Detector built in to the fuse box, like the 94 and up and the 92+ civics. The ECU I'm using is a 95 P72 (OBD-1 GSR). It is looking for a signal from the ELD in the fuse box, but like I said above, the pre-1994 integras do not have this, therefore causing my ECU to go into limp-mode and throwing a code 20.

Unfortunately, I don't have a manual for the pre-94 tegs... YBLEGAL - Tech

Someone just locate what it says in the service manual, if you must know.

Hmm....... I'll have the Helms manual for your teg in a lil while

only going 5kbps, 1 peer :)

oh ok., didnt have to be a dick about it, and a eld will make you go into limp mode? my car like hesitated for a sec. last night. te only light ihave on is eld

oh ok., didnt have to be a dick about it, and a eld will make you go into limp mode? my car like hesitated for a sec. last night. te only light ihave on is eld

What year is your integra?

its a 96 but has ob1 wire harness engine and car that is.. don't know why its like that but it is. im thinkin maybeits my alternator? or just a shitty wire somewhere? this car is supposes to have abs, and something else. to and its been cut. maybe thats it?

OBD0 models do not have an ELD...

The 90-93 integra service manual finished downloading, and the wiring diagrams show nothing of a typical eld in the fuse box. There is a 'voltage regulator' in the alternator, but I believe it's not the same as an eld.

And then it dawned on me, 90-93 Integra LS/GS's are OBD0.

Back