Engine lost alot of power, CEL on, Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Hey, i have a meet to go to this weekend, and im having problems with my engine, (always do when i need it)

Anyways, i have a 93 cx with a z6 in it. It ran strong as hell last nite, but my coolant hose broke and i lost water. I tried to gimp it home, and by the time i got there, it stalled at the stop sign. Now today i tried to run it, and the car has been neuterd. I also aquired an exhaust leak on the way home... (acutaly sounds kinda cool, like a turbo spooling) so i dont know if that helps anything..

I did a compression check, but i dont have anything to compare the nubmers too. The numbers as follows, in order of 1234, 190, 195, 190, 175.

There is no oil in the water/vice versa, but i havent ran it that long. With thos numbers is there a possibility i blew the gasket by cyl 4, or are those numbers normal?

The plugs were also whiteish from the heat.

Also, i am unsure if my TPS is calabrated correctly, and would that affect the power? My iacv also sticks.

I do not know how to get the error codes out of the computer, (not to sound like a renob, but im new at the honda trouble shooting thing)

I tried to make it as clear as possibal, im just a little pissed. gotta get 2 cars running, and was planning to do a 99-00 front end conversion on my eg today. shiesty.

Thanks for those who reply ASAP.

refrecne section on honda 88+ ecu error codes...
that tells you how too retrieve them

of check autozone.com, free repair section with lots of info...

175 def seems out of place...
compression seems ok... not sure what stock should be, but the motor should still run...

how long did you run it with no coolant? that = death to a motor...

did you try warming it up and pulling a compression test?
if you overheated it you could have blown the headgasket, or warped the head...
and no coolant in the block = no water in the oil when the head gasket pops...
but 175 seems too high for a popped gasket...

warm it up and pull another compresison test...
AFTER YOU GET THE COOLANT PROBLEM FIXED

before you do that pull your code...

Originally posted by 5speed4life@Apr 6 2005, 08:55 AM
Hey, i have a meet to go to this weekend, and im having problems with my engine, (always do when i need it)

Anyways, i have a 93 cx with a z6 in it. It ran strong as hell last nite, but my coolant hose broke and i lost water. I tried to gimp it home, and by the time i got there, it stalled at the stop sign. Now today i tried to run it, and the car has been neuterd. I also aquired an exhaust leak on the way home... (acutaly sounds kinda cool, like a turbo spooling) so i dont know if that helps anything..

I did a compression check, but i dont have anything to compare the nubmers too. The numbers as follows, in order of 1234, 190, 195, 190, 175.

There is no oil in the water/vice versa, but i havent ran it that long. With thos numbers is there a possibility i blew the gasket by cyl 4, or are those numbers normal?

The plugs were also whiteish from the heat.

Also, i am unsure if my TPS is calabrated correctly, and would that affect the power? My iacv also sticks.

I do not know how to get the error codes out of the computer, (not to sound like a renob, but im new at the honda trouble shooting thing)

I tried to make it as clear as possibal, im just a little pissed. gotta get 2 cars running, and was planning to do a 99-00 front end conversion on my eg today. shiesty.

Thanks for those who reply ASAP.
[post=483640]Quoted post[/post]​

*Don't Help The Scammer.* :wtf:

Back