engine mod

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ex Honda Hater

what can i do to get better speed and HP @ a low cost while maintaining a stock engine on my 92 accord? any advice or help gladly accepted.

Make sure its running perfectly, tuned up and timed correctly with clean injectors, filters, etc. Then do Intake, header, exhaust.. You can do them one at a time so it doesn't hit your wallet all at once.

Make sure its running perfectly, tuned up and timed correctly with clean injectors, filters, etc. Then do Intake, header, exhaust.. You can do them one at a time so it doesn't hit your wallet all at once.

The winnaR!

This will do wonders right off the bat. Is this a daily driver for you? You can always gut it out. Shave a few pounds here and there and it will improve things a helluva lot.

with $600 at a time you can start by doing a simple tune up making sure everythings working properly and then checking other systems like the suspension/brakes so you can put the other mods to good use cause your suspension has to put the power to the ground. id then start with a better flowing exhaust , and as part of the exhaust a better flowing header , and then intake but the intake wont do to much just gives you a bit of a growl , theres always shedding some weight if wanted you can take out the spare tire and the jack in the trunk and if you have a after market intake take the air box out from inside the front bumper to save some weight can always take out the a/c but most people would perfer that luxury with the summer coming i took mine out cause it didnt work anyways but this is just a little start for what you can do. the header you can get a good one i got megan racing header for about 180 shipped which is decent maybe a little more then some and exhaust you can buy a whole system for about 300 to $400 for a good one or you can always go to a shop and have them custom make one for you as well for a little less then the other ones. intake you can choose from a cold air or short ram and i dont think it makes much of a differance which company you go with but i havent had every type and i have always had a short ram cause i know so many people that have suck water into there engine from the cold air intake but they also never payed attention to what thety were driving over.

Last edited:
Back