engine mount debate (settle my argument)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
What mounts do you use on a B16A (OBD1) in a 91 CRX, my brother and I were debating this. Thanks in advance

If you are looking for a quality mount go with the hasport mounts. You cant go wrong with their products!!;)

There are no factory mounts available that I am aware of that will get the job done. Maybe with some hacking and welding? I say do it right the first time and dont half ass it.

I thought you just used the SI mounts? He says the ones that were on there were from the OEM CRX. He broke the mounts and cracked the crossmemeber :-(

The hasport mounts only consist of 3 the rear bracket mount and the driver and passenger side mounts. I would fix the crossmember and get it back in however. You also would need the rear bracket out of a 91-93 integra manual. You also need the drivers side bracket that bolts to the block with 3 14mm bolts. Good luck:)

if your vrother is using oem mounts then his car is hacked up. They prolly cut the passenger mount to relocate and dropped the hole position on the drivers side.

This was done to my crx when i bought it. I was using integra LS mounts.This was old school. Back before hasport and any custom shit had come out.

NO OEM MOUNTS WILL WORK!!!!!!! Use Hasport,Avid Racing,Arizona racing or anything else. I've got some PLACE RACING mounts that you could use. I'll sellem to you for 75 shipped. they were on a crx with jdm b16 swap. I took the engine but dont need the mounts since i already have some Avid mounts.(thanks Formby)

Take this guys advice like I was saying to you earlier and get it all sorted out. This is not a problem it all if you want to invest a little money and get it right the first time like I was stressing. Good luck!!;)

yeah my axles didnt sit right,so stressing the tranny mount alot. I went through 2 mounts in a year and a half. Not only that but the hood wouldnt close tightly on the drivers' side. It scratched my pretty DOHC VTEC valve cover to the metal.:(

Back