1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Mounts for CRX b16 swap..advice needed.

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by CRXSI91, Sep 21, 2004.

1. CRXSI91

CRXSI91 Senior Member

Ok...ive been saving up for this swap for a few weeks,and ill be ready to do everything on saturday.

My friend has done the b16A1 swap plenty of times..and said that he will charge me 1450 to get the motor and everything with it (except the usual stuff)...400 for the engine mounts...240 for the linkage..and then 600 for labor...now i told him,that i could find the linkage and mounts on my own,and he said thats fine..and i did...the linkage i couldnt find by itself..i searched very hard,and every site i turned to..they sell it as a package item...but i did find engine mounts for the b16 at www.streetimports.com for 173$ shipped,which is amazing seeing as other sites charge 400 and 500$....yea i know,enjo is good,and hasport is great...but street imports also gives a lifetime warranty...but i dont know if they are reliable..has anyone ever bought anything from this site? and on another note,has anyone found a site where they sell the shift linkage seperate??...im making this thread,because,if i give him the money for the mounts,and linkage..i wont have enough to swap the motor this weekend...but if i find the linkage and mounts on my own,i will have money to spare...if anyone can,please help.

2. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

at that price even if they break in 2 years and they wont warrenty it you could buy a second set and still have spent less than 400.
    they look good and they give you a warrenty. i would go for it

3. CRXSI91

CRXSI91 Senior Member

thanks...because honestly i believe that no one should spend more than 400$ on the linkage or mounts combined..its just robbery..i dont care how good the material u make them out of is...and i checked on hcp engineering.com,they sell shift linkage for i think 125$ dollars or somethin like that..so all together im paying a little over 300$ for the mounts and linkage..i think thats pretty good..still bumpin for opinions.

4. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

AVID mounts :thumbsup:, great mounts great price and I think they do have the shift linkage also availble

5. CRXSI91

CRXSI91 Senior Member

and just also remember..if u buy a greddy 700$ exhaust system...stainless steel is still stainless steel...greddy doesnt know any "Secret" cutting and welding techniques that other companies dont...its not that hard to make a motor mount,and a good one..so u can buy your 500 dollar mount (the mount ONLY) from hasport if u want...but im not paying 500 dollars for some average shit....it comes with a warranty...so thats all there is to it...expensive parts dont mean its good...just remember that as well

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted