Engine mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

da93soul

I have a 93 del sol originally with a d15, I tried putting the B16A in and found out that the driver side mount fits but then the firewall mount would not align. I need to know what mounts to get and does it matter if its for a cable or hydraulic transmission, because on Hasport.com it says B16 w/ cable tranny mounts. Im not sure if theres a difference with the mounts because i have a hydraulic tranny.

yes the hydro and cable trannys have different mounts
if your running a B16A SiR-1 (OBD-0) then the mounts are the least of your problems

if it was a hydro you can use the gsr tranny mount, the upper one. If it's a cable then you have to use the after market motor mount for that tranny into your chassis code.

Milan

Would i be able to get DOHC VTEC model del sol mounts from the dealership to make it work because i know that the S or Si model have different mounts then the DOHC ones.

if you have the obd1 b16, im assuming you do since you said you have a hydro tranny. you should be able to use a combination of stock mounts.

hasport swap outline

A combination of stock Civic and Integra mounts can be used if a hydraulic B-series tranny is used.On some 96 and up engines you may need to change the bracket under the timing belt and on the rear of the engine for ones of the appropriate year.

Would you by any chance know which stock mounts would work. Thanks everyone for looking out.
Hasport stated i would need the Vtec del sol rear bracket for it to work. Is that the solution?

Back