engine mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

juicedz

I just got my b18c and the rear engine mount is shot. Also the two lower torque mounts on my d16z6 are shot. So my question is do I need to order both of these. Energy Suspension Motor Mounts/Motor Mount Inserts: ENS-16-1106G - summitracing.com

Energy Suspension Motor Mounts/Motor Mount Inserts: ENS-16-1105G - summitracing.com

Or would these work for the rear and just use the one from summit for the lower.
NOPI Online Store

That way I have the 2 lower for the original and the one new for the new motor. Also has anyone used these? Im guessing you just remove all the old material and put these in place? I think I just confused my self so I applogize.

Last edited:
The first one you listed is the one you want for the lower. You dont remove the material from the torque mount. If you look closely at the insert you will see that it slips over the material already present in the mount. Im not sure how great these things work. I am going to buy these torque mounts for my civic si eBay Motors: Civic Integra Billet Torque mounts Avid B16 B18 B20 Stk (item 110092825719 end time Feb-25-07 14:35:26 PST)

The kit you were looking at from nopi will take care of the rear mount only, it appears. They probably work pretty well for the price, urethane is some tough shit and that is what is used in all expensive aftermarket mount kits.

Looks nice but I am a little over budjet right now so I gott just get the inserts. Thanks for the help.

Dude your going to hate those inserts. Your car will feel like a giant vibrator.

i prefer the giant vibrator to engine/drivetrain slip.

hockey puck motor mounts for the win.

100_1554.JPG

That would explain the vibes I have at low spped than i guess. Looks like when money comes in i am going to get some new mmounts and get rid of the inserts.

I agree I would rather have vibration then have my drivetrain flopping around in my engine bay!!! Power is no good if its not getting to the ground.

You either have the comfortable rubber factory mounts, or a more ridgid racey type mount. Urethane inserts or mounts are both going to have vibration but the benefits they give are worth it to me.

make spces

u cud make sum spaces in the mount b4 u put in the polyurethene to allow sum flex and reduce vibration..

Back