1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine or ecu problem?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by ^crx^, Jun 24, 2005.

1. ^crx^

^crx^ Senior Member

after my b16 obd1 swap to my crx finaly was finish and my car started was i wery happy. so the firsth ting i did was drive around the block and got my engine heated up so i could take it for a test drive on the "high way"
    but when i reach just over 4000rpm i every gear does it feal like im hitting the rev limiter... but it sound like it`s cutting the sparks because im getting unburned fuel in my exhaust..

but i have not wired the vtec solenoid and pressure switch and not the o2 sensor. can this lead to a safe mode in the ecu with 4000rpm limit?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

um, YEAH.

you should really try FINISHING your swap before driving it.

the o2 is most likely your culprit.

3. ^crx^

^crx^ Senior Member

well i finished my swap an still gets a CEL: do you know what pins at the ecu i should short wire to get the codes out?

4. ^crx^

^crx^ Senior Member

wow strange thing. i wired in a flip switch between B2 and A24 (LG2 and PG2) and made connection between this. and the engine light keeps saty on and no blinking.
    should i just ground both wires or should they be short wired like i tought?

all sensor are now conected but the car get way to much fuel!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted