Engine Overhaul

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twotwo

Hey wassup guys i have few questions i recently bought a GSR swap from my local junkyard and the motor has 200+ miles......bought the motor complete for 1500 plus suspension and wheels bascalliy the whole car and took whateva i wanted......the donor car was an 1994 4 door GSR hit from pasenger side......well my questions are what is all involved in doing an engine overhaul???......i want to make my motor run good last for awhile....im gettin the blocked bored and micro polished at my machine shop....but as for the rest i don't know what to do......can you guys tell me what to do in order to get my motor running like it was new????...berrings.....rods....pistons....everything that needs to be changed.....thank you and have a nice day!!

if you are overboring then you need to get new pistons. If not, here is what I would replace:
piston rings
rod/main bearings and thrust washers (have the crank polished)
Check the rocker arms for excessive wear, replace if needed.
Check the cams for excessive wear, replace if necessary or if you want to go to bigger cams
check valve seats, replace of grind if necessary
check valve guides
check valves
check springs and retainers
replace all the seals and gaskets
replace the oil and water pumps
check the clutch
that sounds like about it (tranny internals aside). I will add more if I think of them. Most of all, get a Helms manual for that engine.

Back