Engine Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceburner

ok...it cant be my vtec that is making my car idle rough it..b/c the car isnt hot enough for vtec to try and engage...and it couldnt be the timing b/c it was running fine before we put the stuff on..and all the stuff is new besides the manifold...and it cant be that unless the injectors are cloged up..and the injectors looked good when i put the manifold on...would it do that woh woh woh woh sound if the motor was sit up for awhile?? but its only been sittin up for 2weeks until we cranked it up..if theres anyone out there that had this problem..please tell me how to fix it..or someone that has an idea on how to fix it..hook me up..

ok dude i do not what you are talking about.... what did you do to your car to modd it??? I could not get that out of what you said in the previous. Is the car throwing any codes??? If it has a rough idle, did you replace the PCV valve, spark plugs, cap, rotor, and if you did a motor swap make sure your plugs are in the right place?

Did you really post something like a question with the term "woh woh woh" and expect someone to help you/know what you are talking about????? What kind of car do you have? What motor? what parts? What's your problem? (no sounds please <_< ) Figure out what you want help with, take some time to think it out, and then grab one of your english-speaking friends to type it out in question form for you.... :rolleyes:

the motor is a 96 d16y8 ("EX Motor") that is the sound it made when i crunk it up after installing the man. manifold and man. harness..i had a DX motor in it and i went to a EX swap..the motor is an automatic but i have a 5spd. so i couldnt use the manifold or wireharness b/c it was auto. so i got the manual parts..when i crunk it up it made a woh woh woh woh sound as i said a rough idle.. <_<

Dude , :wtf: are you talking about? I run a service garage and you sound like one of my Idiot customers that make sounds at the counter when they drop their cars off. Get a fucking clue. :ufucktard: :kick:

Yes I am a whore. :D So, 8 posts later and we are slowly getting to the question... :rolleyes: You have a d16y that you swapped into your DX. You had a 5 speed and got an automatic motor? and there is a difference between 5spd and AT intake manifolds? Or are you talking about some other manifold? Write your question out again, use as many facts, numbers and engine codes as you know and try really hard next time to not be a :fr:

Originally posted by Riceburner Posted on Apr 19 2003+ 08:47 PM -->
Riceburner Posted on Apr 19 2003 @ 08:47 PM ) said:
crunk it up
There is no such word as crunk,except in hiphop lingo ie:"Dat shit is crunk dawg"

ryanwolfe911 Posted on Apr 19 2003
@ 09:14 PM
when i crunk it up it made a woh woh woh woh sound as i said a rough idle..

Idling is when your engine is running,what your describing is the engine not even turning over when you CRANK it.Look for ground wires that are not hooked up,use a manual to troubleshoot the ignition system,if you don't have a manual get one from Helms.Get at least one for the motor,but buying one for you car too is advisable since then you cn trace wires into the car.

damn..what the hell else am i going to say to give u an idea of my problem..shit fuck yall yall dont know shit...if u did u wouldnt keep askin fucking stupid ass questions..you people are just making fun of me instead of trying to help me..so fuck all of you!!!!! pieces of shit :angry: :fuckyou2:

I just saw the post and this is funny as hell ,woh woh woh ping woh wop wop crunk crunk, LOL
i guess he needs help from a mechanic near his home or maybe if he records the sound and post them HUH..
OMG RICEBURNER seriously u need to give the most information u cant get a freakin service manual for your engine at the dealer BRO that will help alot LATER..........

if you mean that it is idleing like that after you start the motor (idle going up and down, up and down)..then it could be a few things. 1) it could just need a simple idle adjustment 2) u might need to reset the ecu so it can relearn the new air/fuel ratio from your new manifolds 3) it might be running too rich. i had a friend who had that problem with his civic. it was running too rich. of course, it could be other things but at least you can start by looking into those 3.

OK man if you want help restate your question. Start at the begining. Tell us what you did, a swap right? Tell us what the problem is, and what you have tried to do to fix it. It sounds like you need to adjust your idle, screw it all the way in, and unscrew it untill you are idleing right. I hope you used all new gaskets when swapping Intake manifolds. BTW you could have used the auto manifold, you want to sell it?

the sound sounds like it reving and lettin go but doing it at 2grand and alittle below 2grand (rpm)...but doing it real fast..we havnt tried to mess with the idling

Dude Jesus Christ, learn some fucking English, and learn to use punctuation properly. God damn it I'm sick and tired of :fr: :fuckyou2: :ghey: :owned:

i hate when people can't even take the time to explain clearly what is happening, and expect somone to read their mind to fix the problem.
Riceburner, do this.
start all over, from the beginning, in great detail what is happening, use full words not short hand, and explain fully what is going on... list all things you've tried and didn't work, we need much more detail and clarity to help.

Back