Engine Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stryker24

Hello everyone Im new to hondaswap and just thought I would give it a try. I bought a '99 Civic LX about 5 months ago. Great car!!! Just has a few problems that my limited mechanical ability can handle. whoever had it before me removed the stock catalytic converter replacing it with a straight pipe. Illegal of course! I runs good but I guess this is a two O2 sensor system and only one is present. The car will idle up and down very hard at about 800-1000 RPMs. Any ideas. And the acceleration and decceleration is very jerky. Thanks for you help.

Getting the Codes

Hello again,

Im not to familiar on obtaining the trouble codes for my 99 civic LX. My second question is about Exhausts. Is there anyway to bypass or replace the stock exhaust on a 99 civic lx. Here is my problem. I bought the car without a catalytic converter it just has a straight pipe. The car is designed with a 2 O2 sensor system and right not it just has one. I've don some price checks for stock catalytic converters and the cheapest I have found is $340. So is there any new system that I can get to not only make it street legal but to be fairly cheaper and not bring up the 02 sensor code. Thanks for the help.

do you have a chech engine light. if so than read the faq and learn how to decifer the codes and check back. 340 hoolllllyyyy shit. you can get a high flow cart for 150 welded up at teh shop by my house

Damn Codes

The engine light is never on. But I tried to retrieve some codes anyways. I tried to jump the brown and black on the blue wire harness as the FAQ stated but nothing no light jumping or anything. I'm a little lost. Is it possible the engine light itself is out. On a normal start is the engine light supposed to come on then go off as the car settles after startup? Other than that is there any other test I can run to continue my search for my problems? On your reply to the exhaust is there any aftermarket cat that I can still plug the second O2 sensor into and still be legal?

When you turn the key to the on position it will display the check engine light. If no codes are being thrown once you start it the light will go out. It is possible that someone clipped the wire for the check engine light inside the gauge cluster( I did this on my accord when I was running a test pipe cause I hated seeing the check engine light).

You also should be able to find a high flow cat that is still street legal and with an o2 sensor it wont throw codes, check into magnaflow, eastern, and even check on ebay, they will have some sometimes. Usually they run anywhere from $120 to $180. Sounds like you'll need to buy an o2 sensor as well and I think when I bought mine it was about $60.

i have a b18a motor and it might be flood with gas need help on it thank you

Back