Engine Problems!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

I have a d16z6 and when the engine is cold, it idles between 3,000-4,000rpm. When its warm, it idles and purges fast between 1,400-1,600rpm if you know what I mean. The engine also has very bad throttle response and when im going 30mph in 4th gear and when i give it some gas it just bogs, like i will slow down but if i let up on the gas pedal i gain a few mph. I wouldn't have the slightest clue of what the heck the problem is. I really dont have the money to get it fixed by a mechanic. Would anyone know what the problem is?????

Well when I did a self diagnosis test, I got 3 Codes. Code 10, Code 14, Code 22. Code 10=Intake Air Temperature Sensor
Code 14=Idle Air Control Valve
Code 22=Variable Vavle Timing and Valve Lift Solenoid

LMAO, all those codes and your wondering why it has a messed up idle? is your IAT plugged in? if it's not or if it's broken it will make your car run like shit. the IACV will make your car idle liek shit when it is warmed up, mine idled fine when it was cold but once it warmed up it would go up and down from 800-3500 at idle.
check your FITV and make sure it didn't jiggle loose or anything.

I checked my FITV and I tightened it up and this time it idles at 2,000 rpm when its cold and when its warm it drops down to 200 rpm, yes 200. My IAT is plugged in but how would I know if it is bad or not. I have another one but its cracked. I do believe there are 2 hoses that connect to my IACV, Correct? Well one hose is not connected to anything and I have no clue where it goes?

Last edited:
Did you look around? Keep one end of the hose attached to the iacv and stretch the other end out somewhat. Now that you know how far out that hose goes look for what it would go to. Pulling the hose out kinda gives you a oerspective on where it would be. Post back if unclear.

Okay I looked at my IACV and none of the 2 hoses are attached to anything. So basically my IACV has been running without those 2 coolant hoses. Now I just dont know where they connect 2 because I dont see any open ports.

Yea I didnt see any coolant dripping. I took out my AC and PS, would this have to do with anything?

Yea my car does have coolant. Well im guessing this but when its idling cold its at about 2,000 and when its warm it drops to 200 and I think thats when my thermostat opens.

At just idle, how long do you let it sit and idle? If you dont see coolant maybe somehow it was bipassed. You said both sides are off and you dont see coolant. Turn you car on with the heater going and watch for coolant again. Like I said maybe it was bipassed. NOT SURE

Yes, just at a sitting idle. Well would you happen to figure out where those 2 hoses go because I have researched for along time and I couldn't find anything. I have been told one connected to the block and the other connects to the cooling system. Would you have a diagram to should exactly where each hose goes????

I couldnt find anything. Its just weird that you dont see any coolant. It either has to be pumped through the iacv or its attached to a pressurized coolant port. Just keep looking around. Thats not a huge engine you should be able to find the coolant ports. It would definately help if we had another person in here thats been into hondas alot longer then I have. Wheres ahhvtec when you need him, or even eg6sir.

I read some other threads and they said one of the coolant lines are suppose to connect to the side of the pressure errr something like that. I dont know, I hear a lot of different answers but I can't find anything that shows where the 2 coolant hoses go. I have a d16z6, bored .20, Skunk2 IM, Nology Spark Plug Wires, Helical TB Spacer. Well to tell you the truth the guy who I bought the engine from grinded out the ID on the engine block but he is saying its a d16z6. I have like every single spare part for this engine. I also have the s20 Tranny.

Back